Sr. Supply Chain Merch Planning Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Senior Manager Merchandise Planning is a business, sales and solutions thought leader who:
- Responsible for Category Level S&OP planning for $3 - $5 billion in top line revenue
- Work with Multiple Merchandising and Inventory Planner teams to drive collaborative planning process and close gaps to performance metrics
- Manage the development of annual, seasonal, monthly, and weekly merchandise plans
- Analyze and assess the sales performance of product categories; revise in-season plans accordingly to maximize sales and profitability
- Manages specific product divisions- responsible for forecasting, seasonal buy strategy, inventory management processes.
- Partner with Product, Sales and Finance senior management on alignment on long range plans and objectives.
- Collaborates with merchandising, marketing and finance teams to develop sales forecasts based on marketing inputs, historic sales data and new business/merchandise insights
- Has thorough knowledge sales trends by distribution channel, category and style
- Interpret and review with Product leadership and respond to market trends by informing plans and strategies for future seasons.
- Key decision maker in Cost Markdowns and write off process for disposition of non-productive inventory
- Cross functional business alignment to IM Director/Sr. Manager and DMM/SCM VP direct reports for merchandising Qualifications:- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- APICS certification Other Information:- Area of Study in Business, Merchandising, Applied Mathematics, or Supply Chain
Analytical, objective, data-driven, multi-tasking
lead, innovate, motivate, mitigate risk
- Working knowledge of retail math, including return on investments, gross margin, initial markup, etc. is essential
- Knowledge in planning systems a plus - SAP, JDA, Demand Forecasting Modeling etc…
- Decision Quality & Problem Solving:
through innovation, creative thinking, challenging the status quo, questioning nature
- Building Effective Teams:
by creating strong morale and spirit; sharing wins and successes; fostering open dialogue and a feeling of belonging
- Developing Direct Reports & Others:
through facilitation and coaching
- Drive Results:
the ability to build organizational capability to sustain and continuously improve performance
- Customer Focus:
accountability and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Conflict Management:
influencing and adaptability skills (i.e. relationship building, consensus building, flexibility)
- Managing Diversity:
managing equitably; dealing effectively with all; hiring variety and diversity without regard to class; supporting equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all
setting objectives and goals; measures performance against goals; evaluates results. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .