Sr. System Administrator*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3658
Title: Sr. System Administrator*
Date Posted: 09/09/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Odyssey Systems focuses on enabling DoD, IC, and civilian government operations within the cyber domain and across traditional mission domains and sensing layers. Our focus is research and development of systems providing situational awareness (SA) and command and control (C2) in the cyber domain. Our focus is on utilizing operational data and experiences to inform prototyping and enable insertion of technology into operational environments.
The Sr. Systems Administrator will architect and implement high-level IT solutions for classified and unclassified systems to support operational and test-bed environments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Odyssey needs a highly skilled and competent professional who can perform advanced network and systems administration, as well as implement multiple software project deployments and ensure minimal to no negative impact to the test-bed development environments. The Sr. Systems Administrator will work at the direction of, and under the supervision of customer Technical Staff. This qualified individual will implement and deploy Linux and MS-Windows server systems; deploy software services developed by other program contributing developers; support software troubleshooting and isolation. Additionally, this qualified individual will assist with configuration and support of Linux standalone and virtual server environments; assist with creation and maintenance of research test-bed systems; assist with support group infrastructure: Servers, networks and clients; assist with maintenance of network configurations, install and configure network switches, firewalls and routers; assist with implementation and maintenance of backup and health monitoring systems; other systems administration tasks necessary to maintain system use (documentation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution); assist with assembly of racks, rack-mounted servers; work with all hardware for electrical power, networking, and KVM access
* Acceptable candidates will have a B. S. and 7 years of relevant experience
* 7-years experience deploying and supporting IT systems in a Department of Defense classified environment
* 7-years experience architecting, deploying and maintaining Linux server environments
* 7-years experience functioning in an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) role
* 5-years experience using Linux-based automated deploy environments such as Kickstart, Satellite, or Spacewalk
* 5-years experience using modern declarative configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
* 5-years experience configuring, deploying and maintaining VMware virtualization environments
* Significant experience with RedHat
* Must be a U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability