Sr. System Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific opportunity in our Technical Operations team for an innovative, inspired engineer who is enthusiastic about site reliability and performance for large-scale consumer online services. You will be able to bring your formidable experience to bear in supporting the Pandora service and our rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners. You'll get the chance to take on complex and interesting projects as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team working in a production environment that is 100% Linux based. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a senior-level position at our corporate headquarters in Oakland¹s vibrant, modern Uptown district near Lake Merritt, with occasional response to our Data Center locations.
As a member of our Technical Operations team, you will have the opportunity to assume a key role in maintaining the overall uptime, performance, and capacity of the Pandora service. You will have broad-based responsibilities for the entire production site, including architectural design, performance analysis, capacity planning, tools development, monitoring and troubleshooting. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. This is an excellent role for a seasoned professional with experience in a wide range of areas.
* Minimum 5 years experience with UNIX/Linux administration
* Extensive experience building, supporting, and troubleshooting multi-tier, high-volume, production web installations
* Strong experience in complex systems analysis applied to proactive planning and rapid response emphasizing site stability and performance
* Strong proficiency in Python (preferred) or Perl
* Familiarity with Linux internals
Experience specifying & selecting server hardware platforms * System management and monitoring technologies
* Self-motivated, capable of managing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Participation in our 7x24x365 support rotation
* Intimate knowledge of Debian Packaging & Policy
* Experience managing NetApp filers
* Build system automation design
* Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
* BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com