Sr. System Technologist in Washington Dc Area 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
This position is located in Washington DC area. The applicant must be willing to travel and self motivated. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, installation and customer training on Motorola Land Mobile Radio products. The equipment includes Conventional, Trunked, Simulcast, secure and digital technologies. Must be able to verbalize and communicate concepts and recommendations to the customers and within the Motorola organization. Applicant needs to have a detailed understanding of Motorola systems permitting the individual to assist in the design, troubleshooting and maintenance of Motorola's product lines. Applicant needs to have a though understanding of Motorola RSS/CPS software and how to program subscribers and infrastructure equipment.
* 7 + years of experience as an electronics or field technician in the Land Mobile Industry
* Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred
* Individual must have a superior knowledge of one or more of the following; Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom and MCC Console systems, Secure and ASTRO Digital systems and installation procedures.
* Must have excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
* Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Service Software products.
* General Skills Required:
* Experience in the Information Technology field
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic understanding of technical support centers
* Ability to work individually and within a team
* Ability and willingness to build upon existing skill sets
* Install, configure, and support Motorola Solutions software
* Install and configure required 3rd party software packages
* Answer customer questions on application usage and administration
* Create and update technical documentation
* Log information into internal case tracking systems Live Phone support for our public safety customers
* Validate, troubleshoot, and characterize reported application issues
* Ability to work nights and /or cover an overnight backup on-call situation.
5 - 10
* 7 + years as an electronic or field technician experience in the Land Mobile Radio Industry * Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain the necessary security clearances as required by Motorola government contracts. * Additionally the potential candidate will be required to complete Standard Form 89 Questionnaire for National Security Positions. * Must have a current valid driver s license and no major traffic violations