Sr. Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Sr. Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Hyattsville, MD
JOB ID: 1784
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on project excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & non-profit, defense, education, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
This position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and administration of the IT infrastructure and the systems supporting it. On an on-going basis, this position will design infrastructure components, maintain and monitor systems and applications, and identify root causes of operational issues in order to resolve them.
This position is also responsible for evaluation, implementation, and support for new systems. This includes any applications, hardware configuration, custom software implementation, network and systems design, performance and availability monitoring, process improvement, and systems documentation. Candidate should be committed to continual process, product, and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence and clarity to both technical and non-technical audience, take initiative, and assume ownership of a wide variety of applications, processes, and deliverables. The successful candidate will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
* Must be US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
* 8-10 years of experience in Microsoft systems administration/engineering.
* Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in network and system design, access control and implementation
* Experience assessing and hardening security configurations for operating systems, applications and services
* Excellent verbal communication and writing skills to effectively present information to management, colleagues, stakeholders, and clients.
* Strong working knowledge of Active Directory
* Strong PowerShell abilities
* Possesses a deep understanding of networking technologies (VLANs, sub netting, etc.)
* Ability to design and diagram systems in Microsoft Visio
* Must have experience designing and implementing solutions and systems to solve complex IT problems.
* Operational knowledge of Network backup applications and utilities in relation to system backup and restoration (i.e. Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis, etc.) Also, knowledge of backup and restoration for Exchange objects (i.e. mailboxes, and messages).
* Strong working knowledge of creating and managing GPO
* Understanding of high availability hardware and database systems design and implementation including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
* Knowledge of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc.)
* Network hardware architecting experience with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
* Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
* Building and configuring Microsoft Server 2008R2 and Server 2012
* Proven ability to develop strategy as well as write, communicate, facilitate and present to all level of IT, internal staff, and management.
* Hyper-V Clustering experience.
* Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure environment.
* Experience installing, supporting, and maintaining VMWare and SAN storage solutions.
* Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare ESXi infrastructure.
* Knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare vCenter 5.x and VMWare vCenter 6.x)
* Experience with Cisco switches and routers Hands-on experience with implementing a virtualization platform (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
DAILY OPERATIONAL DUTIES:
* Manages system security, Nessus scans, patching, and vulnerability mitigation.
* Monitor backups and configure backups for new systems.
* Strong understanding of Federal laws and standards such as FISMA and NIST and how they apply to an incident response team.
* In-Depth knowledge of TCP/IP addressing and standards including network design, firewall configuration, load balancing, remote access, strong authentication, vulnerability scanning, VPN and DMZ management.
* Strong understanding of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation.
* Technical knowledge and experience with application security, content filtering, network protocols, access control, encryption, and 2 factor authentication technologies.
* Understanding of common security protocols such as Kerberos, RADIUS, RSA, SSL, TLS, SSH, IPSec, S/MIME, PKI and SFTP
* Provide technical services and support for WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
* Experience with Cisco ASA or Palo Alto Firewall devices
* Conduct after action reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices
* Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change
* Experience using Security Onion suite of tools including open source applications such as Snort, Wireshark, and Bro
* Oversee training and exercises to ensure SOC team proficiency
* Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance conflicting demands
* Experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity
* Monitor events generated by network devices and servers.
* Oversees on-boarding of new employees and contractors.
* Assists support staff with difficulties that they encounter.
* Works with other engineers to design and implement new systems and processes.
* Tracking of all maintenance/issues/modifications to all servers in the environment
* Utilize IIS to help with the basic operation of the websites, application pools, and SSL Certificates.
* Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
* Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
* Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Knowledge of SharePoint farm architectures and SharePoint 2010 administration
* SharePoint certifications
* Experience with MS SQL Server administration
* CISSP, Security+, or equivalent security related certifications a plus
* VMWare version 5 or version 6 certification
* MCSE 2012 certification
This is a full-time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.