Sr. Systems Deployment Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Systems Deployment SpecialistJob ID:
Sr. Systems Deployment Specialist Job Code:
CN20160609-13923Harris Corporation is looking to fill a key role of aSr. Systems Deployment Specialistwhich will provide deployment, installation, training & support on computer systems, hardware & software onsite for designated customer and staff members. Plus position covers a variety of tasks for end users including onsite support. S/he will provide systems maintenance support including troubleshooting, problem analyses and assessments for hardware and software systems and assigned projects; and make recommendations to new end users regarding methods and approaches for using new hardware and software. S/he will assure proper, clear, concise and complete technical guidance for use by technical installers and trainers; and will manage customer deployments by assigning personnel and leading a team.Qualifications:* A bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training, with 10 years of experience in installation, training and support on computer systems, hardware and software. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements, and education may be substituted for years of experience.
* 10+ years of experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7) and MS-office suite (Office 2010).
* 10+ years of experience with workstation deployment (installation/configuration).Preferred qualifications:* Department of State experience desired.
* Will serve as Team Lead managing the Internal Program Management Office to include:
Master Scheduler, Travel Coordination, Technical Editors/Writers and Administrative Functions
* Work with the Program Leadership Team, Senior Systems Deployment Specialists, and at times the Government Client to coordinate, schedule and assist with all functions within the IMPO
* Complete and submit all reporting requirements in a timely manner
* Update and/or document all processes within the IMPO
* Travels approximately 25% CONUS and OCONUS
* On-site after-hours and weekend support may be required periodically to support last minute taskers
* Experience with Department of State deployments and travel and ability to manage in an ever changing environment
* Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participates in work as applicable
* Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate
* Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics and recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics
* Creates executive synopsis, reporting on risk to timeline and budget
* Additional tasks as required This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Administration Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Sterling .