Sr. Systems Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
The Sr. Systems Engineer will provide design and implementation technical support on wireless communications systems for public safety customer accounts. Additionally they will work with a team including sales, system integration, product engineers, third party suppliers and program managers to implement wireless communication solutions for both voice and data. This includes voice radio and data system design, RF coverage analysis, network design, back-haul and system implementation engineering.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) Provide sales account managers and regional offices with technical expertise in designing solutions.
2) Prepare technical responses to bid proposals, as well as providing technical support during contract negotiations.
3) Prepare and present technically compelling presentation material on system designs.
4) Prepare RF coverage analysis using proprietary propagation and design tools.
5) Integrate and design systems to support public safety communications including:
-E911 Phone Systems and Dispatch Centers
6) Conduct system staging at the Motorola Solutions' Customer Center for Solutions Integration (CCSi).
7) Lead engineering project team on small to medium projects.
8) Work with Team Leaders to develop and implement technical strategies for NYC Customer accounts.
1) BS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
2) 3+ years experience in the telecommunication industry. Experience in RF system and site design and understanding of propagation analysis. Experience with backhaul network technologies.
3) C/C++ programming skills
4 ) Experience and knowledge AC/DC Power/Electronics Theory
5) Experience and knowledge of Control Systems Theory
6) Ability to work closely with the account sales team to understand the needs of the client.
7) Ability to work closely with a team of engineers to propose the best solution based on the needs of the client.
8) Detailed understanding of:
-Routers & Switches
-Data Transport Systems
-AC and DC Power Systems
9) Ability to use common tools such as Microsoft Office as well as public and proprietary engineering tools for propagation and engineering design.
10) Experience in providing technical support during contractual negotiations.
11) Good to excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required.
12) Must be able to work under pressure, be self motivated, and be able to meet project deadlines for delivering quality solutions on time.
3 - 5
Bachelor's Degree 3+ years RF Wireless IP Network Microwave or Systems Integration experience.