- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sr. Systems Engineer (IBM Power / AIX)
Job ID: REQ20003767
Seeking System Engineer with expertise in managing IBM Power and AIX operating environments. This individual will spearhead the implementation of IT Roadmap Strategies to ensure technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable, and achieve Business and IT performance and budgetary objectives. Provide guidance regarding best practices, approved technologies, and tools/solutions. Ability to champion and present key infrastructure concepts and ideas across all levels of the company including peers, management and senior leadership. Individual will be key member of the core technology team which has been commissioned to engineer, secure, maintain and support business needs across a multitude of system platforms and architectures. Individual must be a motivated individual who can participate with resources across IT and business teams with planning and execution of IT strategies. Individual must possess excellent working knowledge of AIX Operating systems and subsystems, IBM Power System platform as well as supporting tools, management environments and virtualization technologies. Any additional knowledge and/or experience with other platforms such as Red Hat Linux, HPUX or other IT technologies will be considered a plus. Seeking individual with 8+ years working directly with AIX and IBM Power technologies as their primary platform, Red Hat Linux and HPUX a plus
* In depth knowledge, expertise and experience with AIX and VIOS operating systems. Other UNIX based platforms such as RedHat Enterprise Linux and HPUX are a plus.
* Act as technical lead for all IBM Power System, AIX and VIOS platforms, interacting with internal customer base
* Ability to perform new technology product evaluations, resulting in providing technology and roadmap recommendations to management and leadership teams
* Serve as technical lead and fill role of SME instructing, directing, and mentoring peers and co-workers
* Proficiencies with the installation, integration, tuning, and troubleshooting of multi-vendor UNIX Environments
* Proficient in using UNIX performance tools such as sar, top, nmon, vmstat, iostat, etc
* Working knowledge of Networking/Routing, firewalls, load balancer technologies, and general network concepts.
* Participate in cross-functional work groups to assess business needs, develop system architecture strategies, and implementation plans.
* Knowledge and understanding of Web and Middleware technologies is a plus. Examples include Apache, TomCat, Mule, DataPower, XML Appliances, PEGA, Cognos, BroadVision, SOA, J2EE.
* Detail oriented with experience working in a production environment using Change Control practices, as well as creating and working within technical project plans and timelines
* Ability to work independently as a self-motivated individual
* Work as part of a team to meet projects requirements and deadlines
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
* Possesses an expert level knowledge of UNIX Operating Systems and tools
* Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
* Solid individual performance while also providing direction for others
* Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in area of expertise
* Manage the development & implementation of system infrastructure.
* Participate in cross-functional teams that design, develop, & implement systems architecture and supporting infrastructure.
* Manage continuous enhancement of the systems infrastructure to meet challenging business requirements.
* Responsible for achieving financial objectives of approved systems plans.
* Formulate and recommend standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the system.
* Participate in the retirement of systems and programs as well as the migration of systems infrastructure.
* Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities.
* Implement system architecture strategies
* Design, develop and implement operational processes and procedures.
* Write documentation describing systems design & architecture, logic and operational processes.
* Develop user manuals & operating procedures.
* Adaptability and willingness to learn and provide knowledge transfer to peers and other teams
* College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
* 8 12 years of relevant work experience
* SME with proficiencies in IBM AIX operating environments
* SME with proficiencies in IBM VIOS operating environments
* SME with proficiencies in IBM Power Systems hardware platform
* SME with proficiencies and expertise and understanding of data and storage network topologies
* Expertise with industry and platform troubleshooting tools (nmon, sar, topas, etc)
* Expertise in common scripting languages
* Familiarity with Red Hat Linux operating system a plus
* Familiarity with multi-architectures for Linux support (Linux on System Z, System P, x86, virtual)
* Familiarity with VMware virtualization environments
* Familiarity with HPUX operating environments a plus
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues while offering innovative solutions
* Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines
* Ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
* Ability to maintain solid collaborative working relationship between IT Organizations
* Team player, demonstrated experience leading diverse groups to accomplish challenging goals
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
* Extremely process and detail oriented
* Strong organizational skills required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Familiarity with health care industry very helpful
* Adaptability and willingness to learn new technologies
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel requirements
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
This expansive group is accountable for planning, building and driving core technology solutions and services across virtually every aspect of the business, including Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Architecture, Pharmacy Technology, Home Delivery, Specialty and IT Service Management. The following teams help comprise this ever-important group:
IT ARCHITECTURE & INNOVATION defines and drives the company s architecture strategy.
IT ENGINEERING manages all engineering activities associated with the company s architecture and attendant technology.
IT OPERATIONS manages all the technology that supports the company s operational functions.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to