This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Tufts Health Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Provide daily operational administration for the Microsoft Windows server environment. Analyze and resolve problems associated with server hardware, Microsoft operating systems. Monitor performance and resources and take steps to ensure optimal performance.
* Perform system configurations, software installations, updates, and upgrades to Windows servers and other infrastructure systems.
* Provide daily operational support and troubleshooting for Windows server and infrastructure applications.
* Monitor system performance/availability and take appropriate proactive steps to maximize uptime.
* Monitor system security and take appropriate steps to resolve security breaches and prevent future attacks.
* Performs backup operations for organization by supporting current backup environment.
* Work with various IT teams to develop hardware and software specifications for new and upgraded systems.
* Designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of PC/server operating systems.
* Supports web access and electronic messaging systems, and maintains a secure system environment.
* Perform system backups and recovery and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity and confidentiality.
* Keep current on emerging technologies and standards.
* Provide backup support for centralized administration & operations.
* Provide after-hours on-call support that may require travel to work and employee houses.
* Ensures that all systems and infrastructure applications comply with HIPAA security and privacy rules.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Education Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science, or MIS; or, 3 to 5 years equivalent work.
* 5 to 10 years of proven experience administering Microsoft Windows operating system and infrastructure applications to include: o Windows 2000/2003/2008, IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0, SMS 2.0 & 2003; Exchange 2003/2007/2010; MSSQL 2005/2008/2012
* Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and other key Microsoft administration concepts to include: o Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft Operations Manger (MOM), MS Configuration Manger (SMS) and/or Microsoft SharePoint server
* Experience with hardware to include o Servers; Tape Backup; SAN/NAS storage; RAID; PCs and Laptops.
Experience with virtualization technologies like: o Citrix, Hyper-V, VMWare and/or Xen OS.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of o Networking concepts: SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP; networking and VPN technologies o Scripting technologies: Perl, VBScript, and Windows Batch o Security technologies: host-based security; RADIUS; SFTP, SSH; Symantec Enterprise Applications, Anti-virus, Spyware removal tools Experience designing and creating specification documents for servers and applications.
* Experience creating and administering system disaster recovery plans including testing and execution with procedure documentation.
* Strong problem solving, advanced troubleshooting, and analytical skills
* Certificate/License: MCSA, MCSE, Security+ preferred, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled