Sr. Systems Security Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
TITLE: Senior Systems Security Engineer
The Person filling this position will be a cyber-security utility player with broad information security background and strong technical expertise who is able to step in and support the customer in any of a number of different areas. The person will provide the customer with information security support wherever needed while permanent staff is back-filled. Potential positions duties include but are not limited to assisting system engineers secure applications that are new to those engineers and to the organization. Other duties may include architecting, engineering, selecting, building, patching, hardening, testing, deploying, operating, and documenting systems. Testing includes selecting security controls, security controls assessment, and security assessment and authorization. Platforms on which the applications are implemented may be MS Windows or Linux servers or may be appliances with proprietary operating systems (usually MS Windows or Linux derivatives).
The person filling this position will be an Information Security Professional with broad overall cyber-security experience and depth in the areas of MS Windows and Linux security assessment and hardening. He/she will possess knowledge and experience in the areas of network security, database security, threat assessment, and risk management, cyber-security monitoring, incident response, and auditing. He/she will have a strong technical background in one or more of the following: system administration, network administration, database administration, mobile device management and/or access control systems.
Candidates must have the following experience, skills, training, and/or certifications:
* Broad overall cyber-security experience and depth in the areas of MS Windows and Linux security assessment and hardening.
* Strong technical background in system administration, network administration, database administration, mobile device management, access control systems, and/or cyber security tool implementation.
* 6+ Years of cyber security experience.
* Understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.
* Experience with and understanding of FIPS and NIST security policies, standards, and guidance.
* Industry level certifications to back-up knowledge and experience.
Candidates are preferred who have the following experience, skills, training, and/or certifications:
* Experience with Dept. of Treasury cyber security policies and procedures.
* Experience with Cisco networking and firewall platforms, Solar Winds, Nessus, Nexpose, Metasploit, Splunk, Apache Hadoop, and Mobile Iron.
* Knowledge and practical experience with scripting languages including Powershell, Perl, and Python.
* Vendor certifications in the engineering, administration, operation, and use of specific vendor products.