Sr. Systems and Network Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Senior Systems & Network Administrator designs, implements and supports technical solutions that ensure appropriate availability, performance and recovery operations for Manufacturing Plant / Warehouse and company offices' data and voice network infrastructure. This role focuses on achieving a scalable, secure and solid enterprise infrastructure with sound technical knowledge and mastery of data and voice networking and project management skills through hands on experiences.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change.
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others.
* The willingness to mentor and train new resources who come into the plant and enterprise support roles.
* The ability to document all existing technology footprint and keep them up to date in network technical areas.
Above all, the candidate will be expected to carry out all assigned activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Lead projects and collaboration efforts with with business partners across functions of Ardent Mills to determine technology requirements along with installation and configuration of hardware and software, upgrading technology and planning and executing backup and recovery tasks in data and voice network management areas.
* Work closely with business partners and customers to ensure all technical requirements are fulfilled in an appropriate, high quality, manner that technical resources and requires purchases are accurately estimated, carefully utilized and consistent with enterprise architectural standards.
* Build and exercise proficiencies around general business concepts and the internal (organizational conditions, internal measures) / external (industry conditions, external measures) business environment in which Ardent Mills operates in order to make better and quicker decisions.
* Collaborate with business partners across functions of Ardent Mills to define levels of process performance and associated quality and security measures expressed in terms of business outcomes.
* Analyze and document business / functional requirements using techniques such as infrastructure models, voice traffic management models, business process flows, business logic models and conceptual data models, isolate, diagnose and resolve business process problems.
* Design and document technical solutions that address documented business / functional requirements through use of design specifications, in the data and voice networking specialized areas.
* Ensure integrated system solution designs and implementations in data and voice management are compliant with IT security policies and plant safety standards and provides for confidentiality, integrity and availability of company data.
* Ensure availability and recovery needs of integrated system solutions and IT business services meet pre-determined Service Level Agreement requirements.
* Ensure future business requirements are considered, planned and implemented for integrated systems solutions.
* Analyze and document technical requirements in data and voice network management using various techniques such as data flows and infrastructure models in support of functional requirements. Isolate, diagnose and resolve system problems.
* Design and document system solutions that address business, functional and technical requirements through the use of detailed technical design specifications.
* Develop system solutions in data and voice networks based on detailed technical design specifications.
* Implement quality changes to IT systems and services, taking a holistic (people, process, technology) view, considering all aspects of a change and ensuring the live production environment is protected.
* Leveraging agile methods and practices, effectively plan, organize and manage resources to achieve successful completion of specific project goals and objectives while honoring project constraints (scope, quality, time and budget) leveraging appropriate project management methodologies.
* Ensure responsive and effective implementation of corrective measures for identified incidents / problems to ensure timely restoration of impacted systems.
* Ensure efficient, effective and prompt handling of all system changes, preventing or minimizing adverse impact of changes to the business and users of IT services.
* Understand Ardent Mills operating and capital expense practices to ensure timely and accurate planning, forecasting and tracking of hardware, software, people, vendor and related costs.
* Utilize change management best practices, methods and tools to effectively manage delivery and implementation of all IT products in a way that drives appropriate changes in behavior and creates a lasting impact upon the way people work.
Skills & Experience
* Candidates will have 10+ years of experience in plant /warehouse and enterprise IT infrastructure and data and voice networking administration and infrastructure management , preferably in grain handling and flour milling industries.
* The selected applicant will possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 6-8 years related experience, a Master of Science degree with 4-6 years of experience or 15+ years hands-on experience in plant infrastructure , data and voice network deployment, administration and management field
* Tactical/deployable system experience preferred.
* Advanced level experience of Cisco IOS based routers and switches, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) platform and Call Manager Express, Cisco Unity and Unity Express, ASA 5500-series Adaptive Security Appliances and related technologies (Access Control Lists, Virtual Private Networks, VLANs, routing protocols, and IP convergence).
* Recent application of skills in configuration of tactical data and voice communications systems, network systems and enterprise data systems (VMware vSphere datacenters, Host-Based Security System, antivirus, Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange, and O365etc ).
* Familiarity with MES platforms such as Buhler, Interstates, Rockwell etc.in plant/flour mill environments
* In-depth knowledge of application of security fixes or design mitigation strategies for system, data and voice network vulnerabilities.
* Must be able to support high priority issue resolution to data and voice networks in off hours.
* Must be able to communicate with plant managers/engineers and onshore/offshore technical teams and vendor support teams to provide remote troubleshooting and issue resolution
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Full time position with some travel