Sr. Tax Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Dave & Buster's
JOB DESCRIPTIONAssists in analysis of financial records to determine sales, use, amusement, and liquor tax liabilities by performing the following duties:
* Examines accounts and records and computes sales, use, amusement, and liquor taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations. Prepares necessary City, County and State tax returns related to such liabilities.
* Completes forms for tax refunds, as necessary.
* Ensures that organization complies with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements for sales, use, amusement, and liquor tax.
* Monitor changes in tax laws to determine impact on company. Coordinate with internal resources to implement any required changes.
* Ensures payments made to City, County, and State are accurate and on a timely basis.
* Calculates use tax due, according to local tax rates, on asset and expense purchase invoices that do not have tax included and records appropriate journal entries.
* Coordinates with external consultants on detailed information requested by auditors. Runs GL detail reports, pulls fixed asset invoice copies and expense invoices.
* Maintains point-of-sale tax tables regarding taxability of specific items, tax rate changes, or new store openings. Submits necessary POS change requests.
* Performs and maintains account reconciliations for sales, use and liquor tax accounts by reconciling each account monthly and recording journal entries as necessary.
* Corresponds with various government taxing authorities regarding notices on sales, use, amusement, and liquor taxes
* Organizes and maintains tax records.
* Assists with preparation of tax cost segregation studies on new stores and review of tax lives of fixed assets.
* Researches income and sales/use tax issues and tax requirements for new jurisdictions and performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferably with a tax emphasis and two to five years related work experience and/or training.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales tax, interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Non typical office environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, Shuffleboard up front and we gather monthly to visit over "refreshments"
We work hard, we play hard and we have FUN!