Sr Tax Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:
* Independently coordinate the indirect tax function, including the review, filing and payment of all sales & use, GST/VAT, and other indirect taxes
* Consolidate monthly tax-related transactions and reconcile to the general ledger to ensure completeness and accuracy of data
* Work with external consultants to manage indirect tax compliance
* Assist with non-standard tax related issues, including setup and completion of various international filings
* Analyze and research potential exposures and provide recommendations for action plans
* Recommend and implement changes to enhance efficiency and accuracy in the indirect tax process for compliance and reporting
* Maintain SOX processes for the indirect tax compliance and reporting function and support SOX documentation/testing of the process
* Monitor and research indirect tax issues and law changes to ensure that appropriate planning, compliance and reporting actions are undertaken
* Proactively engage with other departments to help resolve tax issues and drive the business objectives forward
* Work with the business process owners at Pandora and Ticketfly to determine the most appropriate strategy as it relates to sales and use tax
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field preferred
* CPA is preferred
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years hands-on tax experience in public accounting and/or industry
* Experience in Indirect Tax including GST/VAT, multi-state Sales & Use Tax, and Property Tax planning, reporting, and filings
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to be hands on and to adapt in a growing environment
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org