Sr. Tax Analyst (Direct Tax)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY City
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
The Sr. Tax Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and review of federal, state and local corporate income / franchise tax returns and estimated / extension tax payments. Including assistance with the preparation of state-related book to tax differences, conducting state tax account reconciliations and return to provision reconciliations. The Sr. Tax Accountant will support the preparation of IDRs and Tax Notice responses for various taxing jurisdictions (federal, state and local examinations). Also responsible for assisting with the preparation of work papers to support the interim/annual tax provision and reporting, maintenance of FIN 48 items and special projects & initiatives.
* Primarily responsible for the preparation and/or review of US federal, state and local corporate income/franchise tax returns and estimated / extension tax payments in a highly collaborative capacity; including preparation of supporting work papers.
* Primarily responsible for the preparation of US federal, State, and local income/franchise tax audits, internal and external audit defense and resolution of all domestic direct tax notices and supports tax research, analysis, and planning. Includes preparation of IDR and Tax Notice responses from various taxing jurisdictions.
* Assisting with tax research and analysis of Internal Revenue Code or other statutory and case law using internet tax software.
* Identify tax savings opportunities throughout the tax return process. Ability to work with limited supervision. Possess a comprehensive knowledge of the federal and state tax laws and regulations, accounting and related application of such and exercise a high level of independent judgement within established systems, procedures and internal control guidelines.
* Assisting with preparation of supporting work papers for interim / annual tax provisions and reporting, including the calculation of book to tax differences, conducting tax account reconciliations, and tax basis balance sheets.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field; CPA and MBA/MBT a plus
* 3-5 years of experience in accounting, corporate taxation, preferably combination industry and public accounting.
* Strong communication, collaboration and business writing skills. Proficiency with federal and state tax regulations a plus.