Sr. Tax Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Industrial Equipment & Supply Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Tax Analyst will assist with the preparation of the U.S. Federal and state income tax provisions for interim and year-end reporting periods.
In addition, the Senior Tax Analyst will assist with income tax related disclosures in 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC. Moreover, interaction with various other team members in Tax, Accounting/Finance, Legal, and Treasury is to be expected.
As competency is demonstrated with respect to increasingly complex tasks, review assignments will be added to enable the Senior Tax Analyst to prepare for a role as manager.
THE TAX TEAM:
The Tax team is a customer-focused group of professionals working collaboratively with our company, its vendors, and customers to create standard work, stable processes, and value-added change.
We use lean principles and prevention of error to create an environment in which defects are not accepted, created, or passed on.
Great emphasis is placed on the responsibility of each team member to lead and sustain process improvement within the spirit and letter of the law.
REPORTS TO: Tax Manager
* Compile facts, movements and balances, and apply US GAAP and governing taxlaws to determine tax provision amounts;
* Compile facts and amounts and use applicable taxlaws to properly determine tax compliance amounts and planning outcomes;
* Research GAAPtax accounting, US Federal and State tax issues, and reporting issues, and prepare memos detailing and supporting our positions;
* Produce (design and retrieve) reports from the Hyperionfinancialreporting system;
* Initiate, track, and review field unit data requests and provide support where needed;
* Assist with tax planning projects, such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, legal entity changes, and cash mobilization;
* Support field units and prepare and/or review Excel workbooks used in computing the quarterly tax provision;
* Develop efficiencies by implementing paperless processes and automated templates/models to reduce time-consuming tax analyses on a quarterly and annual basis;
* Perform accrual to tax return account reconciliations, and other account reconciliations as required;
* Support automation projects, including assisting with the TMS system implementation; and
* Othertax tasks and projects as requested by managers and directors.
* Bachelor's degreerequired (Accounting degreepreferred)
* 2-5 years professional experience.
* Intermediate to advanced Excel skills/experiencerequired (ex. Pivot Tables).
* CPA preferred
* Familiarity with ASC 740. (FAS 109)
* Experience with financial accounting (Hyperion).
* Experience with tax planning and process improvement initiatives using technology solutions.
* Good research and writing skills.
* A detail-oriented approach that meets deadlines.
* Ability to communicate and interface with accounting, legal, and treasury teams.
* Good communication skills, both oral and written.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
* A solid work ethic, Ability to meet strict deadlines, Highest ethics and integrity.
* Analytical skills, Strong organization skills.
* Functional knowledge of the process.
* Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks.
* Good team player with ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to work independently.
* Good interpersonal skills, Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Must be fluent in English
* Foreign language skills, including those in which we have a current major or increasing presence, is a big plus.
* Limited travel, but must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as business needs require.
Must also be able to demonstrate that you are a customer focused individual with the energy, drive, and commitment to make it happen.