Sr Tax Manager / Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Financial Services Company
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE ROLE: TAX MANAGER/TAX DIRECTOR
The Tax Manager works directly with small business owners and individuals as part of a team - providing accounting, tax and business advice on a wide variety of topics that include providing industry tax and estate planning strategies, tax preparation and review of returns and solving tax authority issues. This role is extremely client focused. The ideal Tax Manager is a highly skilled individual who possesses excellent client service skills.
This is an excellent partnership opportunity for the candidate who is excited to be a contributing member in building regional business. This position may require occasional travel to the home office.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Preparation and review of federal and state income taxes for individuals, businesses, partnerships, trusts and corporations
* Build new client relationships and strengthen the Firm's existing client relationships to ensure retention
* Provide clients with tax saving strategies
* As part of a team, prepare internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department
* Manages multiple clients, production goals and deadlines
* As applicable, trains staff, reviews and evaluates their work
Candidates qualifying for this opportunity will demonstrate the following accomplishments, skills and attributes:
* Minimum Bachelor's degree or higher with 5 or more years of experience
* CPA (CPA candidate will be considered)
* Experience with all types of individual, corporate and trust income tax returns
* Proficient in ProSystems Tax Preparation software
* Proficient in QuickBooks accounting software
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Extremely client focused
* Capable of multi-tasking and completing projects beforedeadlinedates
* Understands need for urgency in meeting deadlines
* Embraces personal accountability
The company rewards employees with a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and healthy working environment.