Sr Tax Specialist - Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
* Serve as the point of contact for a line of business (division) within the tax department
* Prepare federal, multi-state and unitary corporation returns and supporting workpapers
* Prepare federal and state partnership returns and supporting workpapers
* Prepare divisional subconsolidation returns
* Research applicable laws and regulations/generate supporting documentation for issues raised during tax return preparation
* Research newly enacted and proposed legislation for potential impact on the company s financial position and potential tax savings opportunities
* Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions
* Prepare quarterly taxable income projections
* Prepare annual franchise and income tax budgets
* Identify and explain Provision to Return differences
* Establish/maintain relationships with the locations to facilitate the tax department s information gathering process and the resolution of the locations tax issues
* Work on various divisional and departmental projects as needed
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting required
* Minimum 2 years of experience in tax
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and tax return preparation software (OneSource)
* Strong analytical, technical, written and oral communications skills
* Proven ability to lead, manage and prioritize multiple assignments and projects; resolve complex tax issues, and consistently deliver a thorough and accurate work product with great attention to detail
* Demonstrated performance as a team player, highly motivated and a self-starter
* CPA/Master degree and Big 4 experience preferred
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms, Valpak and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries). Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor