Sr. Technical Assessment Engineer - (IPDVS Deployment & Implementation )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Sr. Technical Assessment Engineer to join our team in Brooklyn, New York.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
IPDVS Sr. Technical Assessment Engineer. Candidate will be a senior technical engineer for all IPDVS Enterprise design, standards, and deployment for DIIT IP Video technology application. Candidate will be hands on technical resource on IP video cameras, video encoders, network switches, server, and video application. Candidate will also function independently in working on IPDVS project.
* Supervises vendors and applies quality assurance to the implementation, installation and verification of the component checkout process performed in a standard based environment for the IPDVS project.
* Provides remote support of IPDVS system components to the School Construction Authority s deployment agents, vendors, integrators, and school-based Custodial Engineering staff. Configure cameras and IPDVS components.
* Performs comprehensive Remote Site QA Assessments of deployment IPDVS sites, including of server readiness, OS, database, Omni cast application, hardware integrity, power systems, remote systems management, etc. Perform Site Acceptance tasks i.e. password changes, user accounts creation and distribution, additions to system management applications, hardware and OS upgrades.
* Updates As-Built documentation for new or changed systems. Authored and edits procedural and operations documentation stored in SharePoint for access by IPDVS team.
* Performs Quality Assurance assessments of new DVS jobs as they transition to production status. Create Windows server and Omni cast user accounts for integrators
* Serves as in-house expert and authority in IPDVS for multiple building environments. Stays abreast of new technologies. Consults on changes in network infrastructure.
* Delivers an assessment report which indicates whether each job is accepted as completed or not. Issues a punch-list to the vendors for items noted as deficient and requiring work/re-work to bring them into compliance.
* Manages and maintains all individual punch-list & acceptance reports along with an overall QA summary of all sites on the customer SharePoint portal and corollary databases.
* Implements problem source identification/determination and technical support of all digital video surveillance cameras, IPDVS encoders, Windows operating systems, Cisco switches, routers, firewalls and general network connectivity components at IPDVS sites citywide.
* Reviews the school server setup and configuration parameters such as Operating Systems (OS), Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) and Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID arrays).
* Evaluates IPDVS application software configuration parameters associated with each unique school.
* Examines and assesses the physical installation of cameras for focus, alignment, field of view, lens selection and lighting, including the appropriate bracket and mount selection.
* AnalyzesMPEG-4 encoder configuration, firmware level and port mapping documentation.
* Reviews rack infrastructure build and installation for air flow, rail installation, and equipment positioning from cable management and serviceability perspective.
* Manages vendor submittals for completeness and accuracy: Network & Electrical As-Built and asset data, User and Workstation form, Floor plan map files and OS License files.
* Provides troubleshooting, repairs and/or the replacement of solid state devices, including equivalent substitution of semiconductor components, DC power switching supplies, video monitors and associated circuitry, modems, faxes, hubs and other electro mechanical devices, printed circuit boards, including integrated circuits of all types, serial and parallel printers and central processing units.
* Documents a problem s description, diagnosis and resolution in the Department of Education Help Desk system per an established support plan.
* Coordinates, provides, reviews and assures strict adherence to highly technical specifications and standards for system hardware and circuitry.
Additional requested skills include:
* 7 years of experience installing and troubleshooting Video Processing Units, VPU.
* 7 years of experience installing server based video surveillance equipment.
* 5 years or more months of experience installing and troubleshooting IP Cameras.
* 5 years or more of experience supporting Genetec s Omnicast or Security Center Video Management Software.
* 7 years of experience in Electrical Engineering field, Electrical wiring or cabling work experience.
* 7 years of technical writing experience.
* 7 years of experience performing Quality Assurance of computers, technical, or electronics products
* 3 years of Project Management experience.
* Degree or Certification in Computer Science, Engineering, or Technical Field.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.