Sr. Technical Design Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Vera Bradley Designs Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FUNCTION
Responsible for leading the technical development process from design through final production approval. The Sr. Technical Designer provides technical expertise in terms of style, measurement and construction to achieve the appropriate quality and design interpretation for the manufacturer to follow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (NOTE: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lead the creation and maintenance of technical packages including measurements, construction details, technical sketches and BOMs
* MANAGES SAMPLE TRACKING, INFLUENCES CALENDAR & WORKFLOW FOR A SPECIFIED CATEGORY
* Collaborate with Designers and Merchants to understand their idea /concept /vision.
* Influence the Design as needed to ensure end use, price point & delivery goals can be met successfully.
* Establish & set all specifications within tech packs to develop samples & produce high quality product from the initial style development stage through to the production approval stage.
* Record and communicate all final comments to cross functional teams to ensure alignment
* Establish and maintain construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality across all vendor and factory bases.
* Resolve and communicate construction issues within the development and production timelines.
* Manage and monitor all styles from order placement through production, including test reports, pre-production, and counter samples to meet delivery deadlines.
* Communication to cross-functional team members regarding status on assigned product category.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in apparel merchandising, textile design, or related field preferred or equivalent experience required.
* 10+ years experience in technical design within the fashion/apparel industry required
* In depth experience with construction, factory operations & patternmaking fundamentals required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Advanced knowledge and execution of technical design, technical specifications and BOM's.
* Trained eye for Design aesthetic details
* Advanced knowledge of Design/ Development process and calendar.
* Advanced knowledge of retail math with demonstrated analytical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in the organization with the proven ability to set and communicate team priorities
* Collaborative, while able to influence, lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
* Strong team player with excellent leadership and managerial skills
* Understands internal and external customer trends and anticipates needs; assesses industry trends and identifies new solutions, products and/or services
* Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
* Embraces change and continues to deliver expected results; helps and motivate others in the face of change, setbacks and constraints.
* Leading others to solve complex problems with the ability to take a broad perspective on existing solutions
* Recommends best practices and utilizes industry knowledge to improve products, processes and services
* Makes decisions guided by policies in non-standard situations with the ability to influence others to adopt a different point of view
* High level of analytical thinking
* Ability to guide others through training and development feedback; helps create realistic career plans.
* Proven success in building business through market knowledge, category management and business planning
* Supports talent and workforce planning strategies that align with business goals.
* Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel required
* Ability to build strategic plans
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to seek out avenues to enhance technical knowledge.
* Proficiency in: Flex PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Web PDM, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office environment. Utilizing an office desk sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
* Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to applicationassistance@VeraBradley.com. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.