Sr Technical Sales Manager 9/8/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SR TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: POSITION CAN BE BASED AT ANY US HONEYWELL SITE
Reporting to the Director, Air Transport & Regional (AT&R) Technical Sales for Americas, supporting AT&R's Airlines Business Segment, the successful APU Technical Sales Manager candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Provide deep product, systems and services sales expertise to the Airlines Business.
* Owns the Execution of Product Line "growth" objectives
* Business partner to the Airlines Global Business Manager (AGBM) to develop product line strategies, pursuit tactics and drives campaign execution - owns product line opportunity pipeline health by continually identifying and prospecting new growth opportunities both directly and via the Customer Business Manager
* Drives execution of AGBM strategies - Campaigns, RMU's and whitespace verification, cultivation and/or conversion
* Supports short term business requirements and Demand planning/forecasting of end unit spares
* Lead APU and related APU Components opportunities, supply agreements, and RMU pursuits as well as lend support to Customer Business Managers as needed and be CCT, Direct Sales, and HAT advisors.
* Provide tactical insights to improve sales forces productivity and drive lessons learned initiatives to continually improve pursuit strategies
* Lead cross-functional teams to ensure pursuit execution, revenue attainment, profitability and bookings.
* Maintain strong working knowledge and focal points at repair facilities in order to drive service program sales execution
* Dedicated regional product sales liaison
* Ability to translate customer, product and competitor strategies into clear, tailored value propositions for products and services - maintaining close collaboration with M&PM to develop value propositions presentations and calculators which articulate features into benefits
* Owner of Product "Flight Plan" Sales Tools - ensure consistent updates of competitive intelligence and robust sales processes
* Tradeshow technical sales support.
* Maintain key relationships: Marketing and Product Management for strategic technology roadmap development and value propositions, Business Segment leadership, MARCOM, Pricing, AMS (Site Leadership), CCT's and C&PS as need to facilitate customer support issues.
* Develop and conduct technical sales product training for CBM's, Direct Sales, C&PS, FSE's and Leadership
* Salesforce ( SFDC) opportunity management and ability to multitask several open pursuits at one time
* Key Growth Pursuits-Sales
* Product Line AOP's inclusive of "Share Capture" Objectives
* Product Pipeline Health
* Win Rate ($)
* Campaign, RMU and whitespace conversion
* Technical & Sales Process Expertise
* Sales Leadership - Proven history of sales leadership and results. Must be able to identify growth opportunities early, build the necessary customer relationships throughout organizational levels, cultivate new opportunities (internal identifying cause-effect relationships
* Team Work: Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to enter establish teams, build rapport and respect quickly in order to provide technical or sales guidance. Ability and desire to seek win-win solutions
* Develop and Foster Strong Customer Relationships -- Establish credibility and trust of customer through strong technical knowledge, meeting commitments, and a exhibiting a social and affable demeanor; ability to communicate effectively throughout various levels of an Airline Organization to includes, Aircraft selection committees, Safety, Maintenance, Engineering and Purchasing/Procurement.
* Business Acumen: Mature business and financial acumen to discern
* Risks/Opportunities of key strategic programs at customers and Honeywell.
* Tenacious, Self Starter - Able to motivate self in a team or independent work environment and drive to success by identifying and removing internal and external barriers that may exist.
* Negotiations: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, can win concessions without damaging relationships, gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations, able to close sales deals.
* Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a good listener.
* Impact / Influence: Ability to influence outside of one's sphere of control.* Develop and Foster Strong Customer Relationships -- Establish credibility and trust of customer through strong technical knowledge, meeting commitments, and a exhibiting a social and affable demeanor; ability to communicate effectively throughout various levels of an Airline Organization to includes, Aircraft selection committees, Safety, Maintenance, Engineering and Purchasing/Procurement.
* Leadership: Experience in overcoming obstacles to succeed in the face of diversity and deal with ambiguity.
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, or technically related field.
* 5 or more years experience in Aerospace Technical Sales, airlines and aftermarket commercial customers.
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
* Masters degree preferred
* Breadth of global customer facing experience with aviation aftermarket commercial customers
* Success in driving or supporting revenue growth and sales execution
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in a global and highly matrixed team environment
* Undergraduate or technical certification degree
* Cross-functional product line experience a plus
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including internally
* Spanish speaking is a plus, however not required
HONEYWELL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.