Sr Technical Support Engineer 8/16/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONI amlooking a Senior Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for helping customers diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
You will work closely with our Engineering team.
Your ability to successfully TROUBLESHOOT COMPLEX NETWORKING ISSUES is the key skill necessary for this position. You will also be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, and possess strong customer service skills.
You will be based at our Santa Clara, CA office and be available for on-call responsibilities which may require working on holidays and weekends. Up to 20% travel may be required. You will report to the Director of Customer Support.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Working with the customer to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and replicate customer environments and network problems as needed to provide resolution. Document issues and work with engineering if needed to provide fixes.
* Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing and deployment of company systems;
* Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, sales and engineering;
* Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation
* Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support related activities
* Help define and develop support processes and tools as appropriate
WHAT YOU EXCEL AT:
* Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Wireshark; basic understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency; experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs
* Knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment
* Knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies and SAN/NAS; experience with SaaS, IaaS (AWS, vCHS, Azure), virtualization and hypervisors including VMware vSphere (VCP Certified), MS HyperV, or Citrix Xen
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* US BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* 1+ year experience supporting enterprise customers with complex data center environments, preferably with a network technology company