Sr. Technical Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SR. TECHNICAL WRITER for our client in RALEIGH, NC
JOB TITLE: SR. TECHNICAL WRITER
JOB LOCATION: RALEIGH, NC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Sr Technical Writer
YEARS OF EXP REQUIRED:
* Six to ten years of full-time technical writing in a software development environment.
The candidate must be fully proficient in DITA. Experience documenting software applications is also preferred, as well as an understanding of the agile development methodology.
* Business Partner
* Trusted partner to the management team.
* Act as an internal consultant by establishing credibility with leaders as a valuable resource for business and people issues.
* Identify with leader's initiatives which drive the department agenda.
* Participate in management team meetings.
* Ensure successful roll out of company-wide programs and initiatives.
* Advise and coach leadership team on tools, methodologies, and procedures that will drive business results.
* Provide Culture & Talent metrics which aid business performance.
* Lead Culture & Talent programs for the function.
* Provide constructive feedback to leaders and employees to enhance their performance.
* Develop and build collaborative relationships across the business to drive results.
* Partner with leaders on employee engagement programs and strategies.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT :
* Identify and execute on Leadership Development needs.
* In partnership with the Training & Development COE, identify leadership programs to ensure leaders and potential leaders have the appropriate development opportunities and skills to succeed.
* Support the implementation, delivery, and execution of the talent planning process.
* Assess the need for talent in relation to the needs of the business.
* Partner with leaders to ensure that bench strength exists for key positions.
* Support leaders with the PMP process.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT :
* Identify and support the delivery of OD changes such as functional reorganizations.
* Partner with leaders on organizational structure designs and changes to maximize effectiveness.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT :
* Create and implement change plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
* Act as a change agent providing the support and tools to implement change.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS :
* Communicate and advise leaders on employee relations issues within company policy and legal framework.
* Partner with ER COE on complex employee relations issues and investigation activities for client group to ensure appropriate next steps and outcomes are reached.
* Ensure that the implementation of CT decisions and policies are within corporate & legal framework.
* Support leaders with the creation and maintenance of effective internal communications.
* Support the leadership team in dealing with performance issues.
* Partner with leaders to ensure that performance management is effectively applied across the function.
* Apply, advise, support, and coach leaders on people and organizational policies and practices.
* Communicate new or changes to policies.
* Understand labor laws and how they impact the business.
TALENT ACQUISITION :
* Advise and coach leaders in the development of role profiles.
* Assist with candidate interviewing as required. Compensation & Benefits
* Support the implementation of compensation and benefit initiatives.
* Manage the annual review process, within the agreed upon timeframe, within budget, supporting the management team throughout the process.
* BA/BS or MA/MS degree preferably in one of the following disciplines: Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Instructional Design.
* Technical Communication certification offered by an educational institution.
* Evidence of continuing education courses in current and advanced technical communication areas, software language, and competitive healthcare software data.
* Internal qualifications: Two to four years of successful work as a Technical Writer. Advanced computer literacy and advanced knowledge and use of major documentation design tools used in the department. Eight years overall experience.
* External qualifications: Six to ten years of full-time technical writing in a software development environment. Advanced computer literacy and advanced knowledge and use of major documentation design tools used in the department.
* Travel requirements - Some travel required.
* Working arrangements :A person working at this level would be based from one of the primary development and documentation locations and would maintain regular working hours appropriate for the location