Sr Technologist Soup and Meals, Science & Technology Design Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position is primarily responsible for the application design work related to Soup, Broth, Meals, and Sauces, and facilitates the transfer of the relevant S&T Technology programs with a focus on the Americas and C-Fresh divisions. This position functions as a bridge between the S&T Discovery and the Product Development teams. This position acts as a partner with the divisional business and brand owners to identify and leverage consumer and market insights that will shape the long-term technology platforms, allowing for direct application of new technologies and tools into innovations. This position coordinates the 'go-to-market' strategy for said projects, working against clear deliverables from the Platform work are built into the category 3-year strategic plans for Americas and C-Fresh. This position reports to the Senior Program Manager, S&T Design Team and requires interaction with marketing, supply chain, procurement, and other R&D teams.
* Perform the technical application screening of new technologies from the Discovery team into current Americas and C-Fresh products to demonstrate the viability and to communicate key development challenges.
* Conduct initial consumer screenings, when applicable, to understand consumer interests and drivers.
* Ensure partnership and linkage with BU Product Development teams for alignment and a smooth transition.
* Assist in the deployment of the consumer-led Technology Platform strategy.
* Work with Legal to evaluate and establish IP (where relevant) for both internally-developed and externally-sourced novel technology solutions.
* Program & Project management for all activities needed to advance the Platform, including development of a holistic project plan & timing, tracking progress of deliverables, effectively managing resources, and providing regular updates to manager and key stakeholders on project/program status, milestones, and next steps/timing.
* Further responsibilities include:
* Employee Development: support efforts to further elevate the scientific approach; and to develop our scientists into strategic thought leaders that can leverage technology to impact the Brands and drive the business.
* Employee Engagement: support the department and functional visions and direction in a compelling manner. Support a continuous improvement mindset through active mentoring and training.
* Budget Management: support effective use of resources and manage activities within the approved budget.
* Organization Alignment with a strong partnership between S&T/R&D, Business Units, CCID and other key partners that facilitates bringing each of the critical elements of the Technology Platforms/Programs together to achieve the intended goals (i.e. technology+ business requirements + consumer needs)
* Technical approach and rigor to understand the fundamental science and engineering principles and to translate into concepts that can be explained
* External Collaboration and Open Innovation with a range of academic universities, suppliers, entrepreneurs to advance technology development and deliver business results
* Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of external activity (new technologies, best practices, regulations, etc.), can effectively frame up implications for CSC and build business case for/against technology's application
* Is willing to challenge the status quo appropriately, offers robust alternative approaches, leads the effort for improvement and fosters an environment of forward thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
* Strong technical skills in ingredients and ingredient technologies, processes and process technologies, particularly those capabilities that are required to enable the Technology Platform Strategy
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in food science required
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Engineering, or related scientific discipline required; Advanced technical &/or business degree a bonus
* Demonstrated proficiency in the synthesis and integration of business, consumer and technical information into viable business solutions. Can frame strategic opportunities and the implications for driving business solutions
* Ability to express ideas and concepts, both orally and written format. Can frame complex information in a way that is easy for technical, and non-technical, people to understand and enables decision making.
* Ability to link & leverage external connections to inform and advance Technology Platforms & Programs
* Superior analytical and decision making skills (risk-based)
* Understanding of process development, food science, and/or nutrition
* Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
* Office Work (40%)
* Hands On Lab and Pilot Plant Work, primarily in Camden but occasionally other labs (40%)
* Travel to external partners/vendor sites, Campbell Soup facilities worldwide, &/or external professional technical, trade and scientific meetings (20%)
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.