Sr. Technology Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Barker Search LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Architect will be accountable for the thought leadership, guidance and technical definition of new architectures, IT applications, technologies, and solutions that support business strategies for a large number of business applications that are COTS packages. Most are on the cloud and the rest will be migrated over time. The senior architect is viewed as a visionary who proactively assists in defining the direction for future projects, conceiving strategies and solutions, building consensus, selling/executing solutions, and educating/mentoring others. Applications are in the finance, compliance, procurement, facilities, legal, HR, risk and business groups. They include Salesforce.com, Oracle financials, Workday and others.
The Senior Architect:
* develops and sustains both a trusted partnership and relationship with business and technology leaders
* maintains oversight across domains and across business segments
* maps business strategies into a Corporate -wide technical and data architecture strategy which includes the High-Level Data Model (HLDM)
* uses technology and tools to demonstrate their potential value by developing and implementing solutions
* leverages strong technical expertise to define, sponsor, and participate in proof of concepts, reference architectures, and reference implementations
* operates as a technical thought leader who must articulate the definition and use of technology, as well as explain its impact
* stays current with new technologies and identifies opportunities such as training or conferences to further enhance skillsets
* supports the Technology Strategic Themes relative to Cost and Strategy Management, Technical Specialization, Core Portfolio Modernization, and Enterprise Data & Architecture
* A combination of education and experience of 10 total years
* work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations
* 4+ years' experience supporting COTS packages
* 4+ years' experience and understanding of structured life cycle methodology, both agile and waterfall, project management and control, and risk analysis, with major systems development
* Understands and is familiar with the techniques and analysis associated with business, process and data modeling
* Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts