Sr. Telecommunication Tech 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for SR. TELECOMMUNICATION TECH for our client in TORRANCE, CA
JOB TITLE: SR. TELECOMMUNICATION TECH
JOB LOCATION: TORRANCE, CA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Start: ASAP
* Shift: 8am - 5pm and (ON CALL 24/7)
* Under the direction of the medical center's Supervisor of Telecom, the Senior Telecommunications Technician is responsible for repairs, installations and maintenance of various types of telecommunication equipment for all corporate locations, which includes 11 sites.
* Reports to the Supervisor of Telecom.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Installs modems, faxes and computer lines.
* Performs all adds, moves and changes.
* Punch blocks
* Pulls cables
* Drills holes for all wiring in all walls.
* Helps in coordinating the relocation of peripheral hardware moves.
* Inventories equipment daily.
* Check trouble reports hourly.
* Performs repairs and maintenance tasks on various telecommunication equipment.
* Maintains beeping system, which includes alpha mates, lines and IRM.
* Reports all abnormal conditions to the Supervisor of Telecom.
* Checks proper operation of the switch daily.
* Installs and makes change in telephone service.
* Conducts testing of all trunks, peripheral and common equipment.
* Notifies Supervisor when repair stock is low.
* Maintains departmental records for more efficient performance duties (telecom requisitions, TNB, and DNB Trunks).
* Enters data for call detail logs.
* Coordinates telecommunications orders supplies from outside vendors.
* Repairs and maintains all Fax machines with the Medical Center.
* Responsible in assisting in overall Telecommunication needs for 11 sites.
* Checks All Avaya systems for daily Operation.
* Notifies Supervisor of all alarms.
* Responsible for repairs on Avaya systems and all equipment associated with the telephone system.
* Attends meetings as required. Maintains professional growth and development to keep abreast of the field. Carries out other responsibilities as required. Is available for emergency calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Works during emergency situations by direction of the Telecommunications staff, anywhere as needed in the Medical Center.
* This position has contact on a daily basis with patients, their families and other visitors, the general public, and all classifications of the Medical Center personnel.
* Repeated bending, squatting, stooping, lifting. Prolonged standing and walking. Climbing, scaffolding, and crawling of ceilings. Exposed to hazards from the use of electrical, mechanical, and power equipment.
* High school graduate. Training with Avaya call routing, vectoring ect. Must have 4 to 6 years' experience on various types of switches. Computer networking highly desired.