Sr Trade Compliance Manager/Segment Jurisdiction and Classification
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline s corporate office, headquartered in Bellevue, WA, is searching for a Senior Trade Compliance Manager, Segment Jurisdiction and Classification.
Company Name: Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 12,000+
Title: Senior Trade Compliance Manager, Segment Jurisdiction and Classification
Number of Positions: 2 open positions each supporting a different Segment
Job Family: Trade Compliance
Reports to: Director, Trade Compliance Technology
Works with: Corporate, segment, platform, and business unit trade compliance, engineering, information technology, and general management functions aligned with one corporate segment.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA (preferred)
Each Senior Trade Compliance Manager, Jurisdiction and Classification assists the Director, Trade Compliance Technology in providing leadership, guidance, training, and oversight on export control jurisdiction and classification and related topics across Esterline s global operations. Each position is aligned with and primarily supports one corporate business segment.
* Visit Esterline sites within the assigned segment to assess and validate processes and employee knowledge related to jurisdiction and classification, harmonized tariff codes, and nomenclature.
* Provide periodic in-person training to business unit engineering and trade compliance personnel on jurisdiction and classification, harmonized tariff codes, and nomenclature.
* Provide remote and on-site guidance to site personnel within the segment, and to the Segment Compliance Director, on practices and processes related to jurisdiction and classification, harmonized tariff codes, and nomenclature.
* Perform critical review of CJ, CCATS, and advisory opinion applications, and assist with their preparation.
* Assist the Director, Trade Compliance Technology in leading a council of site engineering personnel.
* Assist the Director, Trade Compliance Technology in maintaining corporate policy documents and training materials related to jurisdiction and classification, technical data marking, harmonized tariff codes, and nomenclature.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Eligible for access to ITAR-controlled information.
* Expert knowledge of U.S. export control jurisdiction and classification under the ITAR and EAR.
* Familiarity with a broad cross-section of aerospace and defense products.
* Familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines.
* Familiarity with engineering design tools including CAD and PLM.
* Familiarity with harmonized tariff codes and nomenclature.
* Strong presentation and training skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Familiarity with non-U.S. export control classification is a plus.
* Manager level Esterline competencies: approachability, directing others, interpersonal savvy, motivating others, sizing up people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports, drive for results, customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, listening, action-oriented, composure, and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s degree,engineering or science preferred.
* Minimum five years of experience in aerospace or similar industry.
* Minimum two years of experience in trade compliance and/or classification since U.S. Export Control Reform was implemented (October 2013).
* Experience with HTS classification a plus.
* Bilingual or multilingual, including English
Regular office work schedule, but must be able to support international teleconference and web meetings outside of normal office hours. Frequent travel is expected.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).