Sr UI Designer - ReqCode 16000E57
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionThe Senior User Interface Designer (Sr. UI Designer) in eCommerce is a leader of a passionate and user focused creative team that supports the high impact projects fueling all aspects of the DICK's Sporting Goods eCommerce business.
As the successful candidate, you will have expert level digital design skills, including a thorough knowledge of UI and UX best practices. You will be expected to conceptualize and apply a design strategy to the overall aesthetic and creative execution of DICK's Sporting Goods online content in keeping with our strong brand ethos. You will understand cross-platform/responsive design and have the ability to create positive user experiences for any device. You will have a deep appreciation for intuitive and usable interfaces and have a 'mobile-first' mentality. Solid skills in digital art direction, an excellent eye for typography, clean layout, purposeful color, and attention to detail are a must.
As a senior member of the eCommerce UI Design Team, you will help lead our UI and Digital Art Direction efforts including branding, research, strategy, and visual design. You will work through complex challenges and design brilliant solutions, collaborating closely with other team members and departments such as front-end developers, UX designers and researchers, product managers, and site merchandisers. As a Senior UI Designer, you will also supervise and mentor other designers, pitch and present ideas, and oversee the proper execution of a multitude of projects. You will also be responsible for direct reports.
* Work with a cross-disciplinary team (UI, UX, and Front End Dev) to design pixel perfect UI solutions for DICK's Sporting Goods online properties including all platforms - desktop, tablet and mobile.
* Drive design thinking and be a thought leader in creating good end-to-end experiences across all products
* Lead the partnership with our traditional marketing and branding departments to create cohesive and integrated digital experiences.
* Engage with internal clients and present design concepts with the ability to clearly articulate how these concepts fit into a strategy and tie back to business goals
* Define brand guidelines and patterns that establish usability standards to ensure consistently high results
* Ideate, conceptualize, and pitch new ideas to internal clients with polished presentation skills
* Effectively communicate user interaction through deliverables such as Hi-Fidelity comps and prototypes
* QA the implementation of your designs
* Lead design of homepages, experiential landing pages, emails and display advertising banners as well as other special projects
* Mentor and guide the creative development of the design team to help take skills sets to the next level
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 5-7 years experience
* A strong online portfolio that clearly demonstrates design innovation and expertise as well as tightly crafted User Experiences
* Experience collaborating with UX researchers, marketers, merchandisers, product managers, and front-end developers
* Experience designing outstanding web-based and mobile products for a consumer-oriented website
* High level of proficiency in digital design programs including but not limited to Adobe CS, with expert skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
* Experience designing for multiple devices and responsive design
* Expert Knowledge of UI/UX tools such as InVision and Axure
* Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, visual trends and emerging web technologies, current UI and UX mobile design patterns, and RWD/adaptive best practices
* Familiarity with basic front-end web development, (XHTML, CSS, and JS) and a clear understanding of what is and isn't possible online
* Possess a thorough understanding of eCommerce best practices, digital art direction, web design, and essential graphic design theory
* Knowledge of planning and project management tools as well as web analytics and optimization techniques