Sr. UI Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR. UI DEVELOPER
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT solutions to Global 2000 companies. We leverage decades of business process, vertical industry, and leading-edge technology experience to understand each company's unique needs. From business strategy development through application deployment, we are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Hitachi Consulting's client base includes nearly 35 percent of the Fortune 100 and many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.
We are looking for a senior and experienced Web UI developer. This role will be a key contributor to our Product Development practice and will support the development of a variety of software solutions. This resource will, at least during the first assignment, participate in developing software applications within the Educational services domain including but not limited to Assessment, for one of our clients. The role itself is not tied to this specific domain but having prior Educational services experience is highly desirable.
* Bachelors Degree (Engineering degree in Computer Science preferred)
* At least 2 years of expertise in developing frontend web UI applications with AngularJS and JQuery
* At least 2 years of experience with GIT based Source Control repositories and GIT branching strategies
* At least 2 years of experience with IntelliJ IDEA IDE or Eclipse IDE
* At least 2 years of experience with Linux (RedHat/ CentOS/ Ubuntu) or Macintosh development machines and Linux VMs on Windows machines. Understanding of Linux fundamentals and shell commands
* Experience with working in short sprints in an Agile SCRUM software development life cycle model, good understanding of SCRUM processes, team structure and roles, core principles, tools (Stash, JIRA, TargetProcess, Wiki/ Confluence), and artifacts (Features, Epics, Stories, Tasks)
* Familiar with Bootstrap framework (responsive web development) and Angular Bootstrap library
* Good understanding of packaging single page web apps served up on NodeJS with NPM, Bower, Less, and Grunt. Familiarity with NodeJS server frameworks like Express and Restify
* Good understanding of Relational databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle and MySQL and NO-SQL databases like MongoDB
* Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Atlassian Stash, Logstash, Kibana, New Relic instrumentation for analytics and monitoring
* Experience in developing Mobile Web UI, Mobile apps (Hybrid, Native), Responsive web UI
* Familiarity with REST client tools like cURL, DHC or other browser plugins that support REST client
* Ability to work with diverse development teams and/ or with cross cultural hybrid teams (client, other vendors, Hitachi teams) either all onsite or spread across geographies
Typical travel requires staff to be at the client location all weekdays, Monday through Friday. On specific instances, occasional and circumstantial work from home (remote) may be an option depending on client and project preferences.
Portland, OR (onsite)