Sr. Systems Engineer, Unix 9/14/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
NaviSite, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit: www.navisite.com.
What You Will Do-- Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems:
The Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems will be in charge of maintaining a UNIX / Linux-based 1,500+ Unix/Linux environment connected to heterogeneous storage environment (NAS/SAN-EMC/IBM/HP etc.). Some key responsibilities include.
* ESX and Vmware administration
* Red Hat /Centos advanced administration
* Advanced Unix administration HP/Solaris
* IBM and Netapp Storage Array Administration
* UNIX scripting and process automation
* Work with Enterprise Data protection software
* Work with Enterprise Monitoring software (snmp based monitoring products)
* Manage Symantec Veritas Cluster & Veritas Volume Manager systems
* Manage and configure Unix addon utilities
* Manage OS patching
* System hardening and vulnerability assessment
* Work with hardware/software vendors.
What We Are Looking for in a Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems:
* Due to SIAS requirements, candidate must be a US Citizen
* 7+ years experience in Infrastructure/System administration primarily in Unix/Linux environment
* 3+ years experience in ESX/ VmWare administration in enterprise environment
* 5 + years experience with UNIX /Linux operating systems in enterprise environment
* 3+ years experience in Storage Administration in enterprise environment
Highly Skilled in:
* Administration & troubleshooting of ESX and VmWare (Vsphere 5.x and 4.x) platform.
* Advanced Administration Red hat/Centos physical/virtual hosts.
* Advanced Unix administration Solaris 8/9/10 /HP 11.x.
* Advanced Storage administration from IBM/EMC/Netapp.
* Manage Brocade director class SAN switches.
* Advanced NAS administration from Netapp/EMC.
* Hardware models from HP Blades and Chassis, Sun Sparc Systems, HP/EMC/Netapp Storage, Brocade Switches
* Developing UNIX scripts for system monitoring, automate repetitive tasks, generate performance stats etc.
* Working with Enterprise Backup Software (Netbackup/HPDP/Commvault etc)
* Working with Enterprise Monitoring software (snmp based monitoring products)
* Managing Symantec VCS clusters & VxVm systems
* Configuring/managing utilities like ssh, sudo, dns(bind), ftp, ldap, syslog, snmp, smtp (postfix) etc.
* Managing OS patching & process (Linux/Solaris/HP etc.)
* Solaris Zones administration
* OSI layer, TCPIP addressing, Routing, Firewall etc.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills around UNIX file systems, tcp connectivity, networking and application integration
* Performance monitoring and capacity planning
* Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis,
* Work with vendors to resolve hardware/software/firmware issues
* Red Hat certification
* Vmware certification
Good to have:
* Linux administration in Cloud environment
* Perl scripting
* ITIL certification
* Storage Certification (EMC/Netapp)
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00800 - Andover 400 Minuteman Rd
Job Code: TWCISY280 Sr Engineer, System Exempt