Sr. Systems Engineer - Unix/ Storage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Unix and Storage Administrator
Who we are:
NaviSite, a Time Warner Cable company, is the premier provider of complex hosting, application management, and managed Cloud services for the enterprise market. It provides customized and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. Customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centers.
For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
What You Will Do-- Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems:
Responsible for providing daily technical support for customer issues as identified in the Remedy Call Management System. Will own the problem through resolution.
Respond to Remedy tickets in an expedient manner, providing clear and informative status entries, resolution entries and quality assurance closure with the customer. Will work to identify the root cause of any customer issue and strive to incorporate solutions that are correct, with zero rework. Provide leadership and mentoring pertaining to customer relations, technical expertise, effective communication and teamwork.
The Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems will be in charge of maintaining a UNIX / Linux-based 1,500+ Unix/Linux environment connected to heterogeneous storage environment (NAS/SAN-EMC/IBM/HP etc.). Some key responsibilities include.
- Manage IBM Storage Arrays
- Manage Brocade SAN switches
- Perform Advanced Linux Administration
- Perform ESX Vmware Administration
- Perform Unix administration HP/Solaris
- Perform NAS Administration
- Do UNIX scripting and process automation
- Configuring HP/Dell etc. blade technologies.
- Work with Enterprise Monitoring software (snmp based monitoring products)
- System hardening and vulnerability assessment
- Work with hardware/software vendorsWhat We Are Looking for in a Sr. UNIX / Storage Admin, Cloud Systems:
- 3+ years experience Storage experience supporting IBM Storage Arrays and Brocade SAN switches.
- 3+ years experience in Advance Linux administration in enterprise environment.
- 3+ years experience with managing ESX clusters in blade environment.
- 3+ years experience managing 1000+ systems in 24x7 environment.
- 3+ years experience working with virtual teamHighly Skilled in:
- Managing IBM Storage arrays including administration, upgrades, migration, monitoring based on best practice.
- Advanced Administration Redhat/Centos physical/virtual hosts.
- Advanced Unix administration Solaris 8/9/10 /HP 11.x.
- ESX cluster administration in blade environment.
- Manage Brocade director class SAN switches.
- Advanced NAS administration from Netapp/EMC.
- Highly experienced with hardware models from HP Blades and Chassis, Sun Sparc Systems, HP/EMC/Netapp Storage, Brocade Switches.
- Developing UNIX scripts for system monitoring, automate repetitive tasks, generate performance stats etc.
- Configuring/managing utilities like ssh, sudo, dns(bind), ftp, ldap, syslog, snmp, smtp (postfix) etc.
- Managing OS patching & process (Linux/Solaris/HP etc.)
- Leading and resolving complex OS and Storage related issues. Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills around UNIX file systems, tcp connectivity, networking and application integration.
- Performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Work with vendors to resolve hardware/software/firmware issuesPreferred (anyone):
- Storage certification
- RedHat certification
- Vmware certificationGood to have:
- Linux administration in Cloud environment
- Perl scripting
- ITIL certification
- Storage Certification (EMC/Netapp)