Sr. Systems Engineer, Storage 9/9/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
Who We Are:
NaviSite is a leading provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting an application management services. It provides customized and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. Our customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com .
The Sr. Unix and Storage Administrator, will be in charge of maintaining Linux-based/Vmware based 1,500+ Unix/Linux environment connected to heterogeneous storage environment (NAS/SAN-EMC/IBM/HP etc.). Some key responsibilities include.
* Perform Advanced Linux Administration.
* Perform ESX Vmware Administration.
* Manage Netapp, EMC, IBM XIV Storage arrays.
* Do UNIX scripting and process automation.
* Configuring HP/Fujitsu blade technologies.
* Work with Enterprise Monitoring team to ensure end-2-end monitoring.
* System hardening, vulnerability assessment and compliance initiatives.
* Work with hardware/software vendors.
* Work with Service Management to improve customer satisfaction.
* Performance monitoring and Capacity management
* Manage customer communication. Work with customer to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Lead troubleshooting effort across multiple teams.
* Required to participate in an engineer On-Call rotation
* 5+ years Storage experience supporting IBM Storage Arrays and Brocade SAN switches.
* 5+ years experience in Advance Linux administration in enterprise environment.
* 3 + years experience with managing ESX clusters in blade environment.
* 3+ years experience managing 1000+ systems in 24x7 environment.
* 3+ years experience working with virtual teams.
* 2+ years doing performance monitoring and capacity planning.
* Highly Skilled in:
* Advanced Administration Redhat/Centos physical/virtual hosts.
* Managing IBM/Netapp/EMC Storage arrays including administration, upgrades, migration, monitoring based on best practice.
* ESX cluster administration in blade environment.
* Manage Brocade director class SAN switches.
* Highly experienced with hardware models from HP Blades and Chassis, Sun Sparc Systems, HP/EMC/Netapp Storage, Brocade Switches.
* Developing UNIX scripts for system monitoring, automate repetitive tasks, generate performance stats etc.
* Configuring/managing utilities like ssh, sudo, dns(bind), ftp, ldap, syslog, snmp, smtp (postfix) etc.
* Managing OS patching & process (Linux/Solaris/HP etc.)
* Leading and resolving complex OS and Storage related issues. Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills around UNIX file systems, tcp connectivity, networking and application integration.
* Performance monitoring and capacity planning.
* Work with vendors to resolve hardware/software/firmware issue
* Vmware certification
* Storage certification
* RedHat certification
Good to have:
* Linux administration in Cloud environment
* Perl scripting
* ITIL certification
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00800 - Andover 400 Minuteman Rd
Job Code: TWCISY280 Sr Engineer, System Exempt