Sr. Systems Engineer, Storage 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who We Are:
NaviSite is a leading provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting an application management services. It provides customized and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. Our customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com .
The Sr. Unix and Storage Administrator, will be in charge of maintaining Linux-based/Vmware based 1,500+ Unix/Linux environment connected to heterogeneous storage environment (NAS/SAN-EMC/IBM/HP etc.). Some key responsibilities include.
- Perform Advanced Linux Administration.
- Perform ESX Vmware Administration.
- Manage Netapp, EMC, IBM XIV Storage arrays.
- Do UNIX scripting and process automation.
- Configuring HP/Fujitsu blade technologies.
- Work with Enterprise Monitoring team to ensure end-2-end monitoring.
- System hardening, vulnerability assessment and compliance initiatives.
- Work with hardware/software vendors.
- Work with Service Management to improve customer satisfaction.
- Performance monitoring and Capacity management
- Manage customer communication. Work with customer to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Lead troubleshooting effort across multiple teams.
- Required to participate in an engineer On-Call rotation
- 5+ years Storage experience supporting IBM Storage Arrays and Brocade SAN switches.
- 5+ years experience in Advance Linux administration in enterprise environment.
- 3 + years experience with managing ESX clusters in blade environment.
- 3+ years experience managing 1000+ systems in 24x7 environment.
- 3+ years experience working with virtual teams.
- 2+ years doing performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Highly Skilled in:
- Advanced Administration Redhat/Centos physical/virtual hosts.
- Managing IBM/Netapp/EMC Storage arrays including administration, upgrades, migration, monitoring based on best practice.
- ESX cluster administration in blade environment.
- Manage Brocade director class SAN switches.
- Highly experienced with hardware models from HP Blades and Chassis, Sun Sparc Systems, HP/EMC/Netapp Storage, Brocade Switches.
- Developing UNIX scripts for system monitoring, automate repetitive tasks, generate performance stats etc.
- Configuring/managing utilities like ssh, sudo, dns(bind), ftp, ldap, syslog, snmp, smtp (postfix) etc.
- Managing OS patching & process (Linux/Solaris/HP etc.)
- Leading and resolving complex OS and Storage related issues. Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills around UNIX file systems, tcp connectivity, networking and application integration.
- Performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Work with vendors to resolve hardware/software/firmware issuePreferred (anyone):
- Vmware certification
- Storage certification
- RedHat certificationGood to have:
- Linux administration in Cloud environment
- Perl scripting
- ITIL certification