Sr User Exp Architect (Mobile)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a senior UX designer to create the ultimate mobile retail experience on the web as well as native iOS and Android apps.
Our core brand is a 130-year-old icon transforming into an integrated retail leader, focused on seamlessly connecting the digital and physical shopping experiences to serve our customers - wherever, whenever and however they want to shop.
But when it comes to our culture and beliefs as a team, we are much more.
We're jail-breaking, code-wrangling, first to the party, last to turn the lights off, dreamers of dreams, singers of songs, restless, spirited, focused fanatics, painters of pixels, planning the sixth step while everyone is at the first, deadline demigods, theorists with hearts, engineers with souls, cartwheeling through the internets, coming up with answers before questions are asked, prescient and proper when we need to be, bold and outspoken when we don't, tweaking, tricking, touching up and toning down, and owning the 'in' in integrated.
Most of all, we believe in customers. And do everything in our power to create experiences that move them.
This position is full-time and based in Chicago.
Responsibilities:* Translate high-level ideas into tangible, buildable and useful experiences for our members.
* Support the customer throughout the buying experience, which could mean across devices or in a store.
* Communicate user flows as well as the pros/cons of the solutions so teams can make informed decisions.
* Be part of the creative process from initial concepts and brainstorming through wireframes, prototypes, and user testing. Post launch, you'll be able to iteratively improve the experience by seeing how real customers interact with your work.
* Collaborate with product, visual design, research, development and other business stakeholders in creating strategic solutions.
* Leverage retail and design best practices.
* Work with other UXAs to develop and document methodologies, standards and best practices for the group.
* Evolve the current standards based on data driven principles.
* Mentor UX architects.
Requirements:* Ability to clearly communicate the concept from a high-level to the small details (user experience, design decisions, pros/cons).
* Understanding of the supporting technologies (iOS, Android, mobile/desktop browsers).
* Ability to think of problems from multiple perspectives to come up with solutions that can be built to support business and customer needs.
* Experience using digital design tools to communicate an experience, user flows and information design.
* Experience in prototyping.
* Portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work.
* 4+ years experience working as an information architect, interaction designer or user experience designer.
* 3+ years experience in retail merchandising/marketing, advertising, product development, e-commerce or related field.
* Degree (Master degree preferred) in a related field, such as information design, human-computer interaction, library science, cognitive science, graphic design, or industrial design
* Experience in Agile a plus.
* Agency/Design/Ecommerce Firm experience a big plus.