Sr VOIP Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
We have partnered with a large Financial Services Company in the Philadelphia, PA area to provide them with a Sr. VOIP Engineer.
* Responsible for design, configuration, and support of a resilient (clustered) IP-based PBX across two data centers and over 100 locations.
* Participate / Lead multi-discipline design teams to provide solutions and capacity planning of a complex VoIP infrastructure, including trading turrets
* Design, develop, configure and sustain engineering support of VoIP network including; SIP Trunks, UC Application Servers, Media Resources, and Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBE)
* Provide Tier 3 team escalation and interface with vendors to resolve all issues as required
* Responsible for researching emerging technologies with respect to unified communications to address client business needs and requirements.
* Respond to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader.
* Provide Operation Support on including but not limited to build and/or upgrade support.
* Develop standard configurations, procedures, and guidelines for selecting, installing, and deploying integrated solutions and platforms within client's complex UC environment
* Keep abreast of industry and technology trends, available products and services in support of a complete Unified Collaboration solution
* Create design documentation including "as built" documents, design summaries, migration plans, and Visio diagrams as appropriate.
* Maintain effective external relationships with vendors, consultants, and service providers; leverages these relationships to ensure that the best-fit solutions and resources available to the firm.
* 7 - 10 years of experience in engineering and supporting large, carrier grade, multisite UC deployments.
* In-depth experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager v10.5
* 5 years experience with complex dial plans, Session Border Controllers, SIP Trunks, QoS, VoIP technologies (SIP, H323, MGCP), VMWare, UC on UCS, and media gateways
* 5 years experience with Cisco's Unity Voicemail, Jabber, WebEx, Expressway, IM&P, UCCX, SRST, and CME
* 3 - 5 years experience deploying and supporting collaboration tools using integrated voice, video, and data architectures
* Experience with IPC Unity 2.0 Turrets / Hoot& Holler (IPC)
* Experience with Internet routing protocols, Layer 3 switching, Linux Appliances, and SAN Storage
* In-depth experience with VoIP networking / technical proficiency in LAN/WAN architectures
* Experience with CUCM, Unity Voice Mail, Cisco 29xx / 39xx ISR routers
* Experience with implementation and operation of virtual infrastructures.
* Functional knowledge of core networking concepts
* Regimented change and release management methodology.
* Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices
* Excellent technical documentation skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP Collaboration
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline
* Working knowledge of financial industry
About Relevante, Inc. - the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contract staffing firm. We help our clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1 and emerging fast-growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region.
To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groupsmostPopular=&gid=290