Sr. Vice President, Social Engagement and Digital Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking to lead a growing team within a fast-paced digital department? Do you want the opportunity to develop award-winning work on behalf of top brands? At Weber Shandwick, youll have the opportunity to work with digital and social media experts from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences, helping to shape accounts as well as careers.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities across 34 countries with a network extending to 126 cities in 81 countries. The firms diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as an Ad Age A-List Agency in 2014 and 2015, and The Holmes Reports Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015. Weber Shandwick and its Prime unit have won a combined 31 Cannes Lions since 2009. Weber Shandwick was also named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age in 2014 and 2015. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
Our San Francisco office seeks a dynamic, creative, experienced social and digital strategist who can lead our fast-growing and talented digital/social team, a segment of our broader Integrated Media team. The ideal candidate will build lasting relationships with clients, translate client goals into successful integrated programs, and understand the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in digital campaign orchestration. We are looking for someone who sees patterns that others dont, who gets energized by pushing for innovation, and who lives, eats, and breathes digital and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate is constantly curious about what comes next in technology, in marketing trends (B2B and B2C), in media trends, and in what drives people to action. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is innately collaborative, who wants to put their strategic skills to work driving engagement for great brands, and who is willing to not only lead a team but to work as part of one to do bold new things.
* Serve as the lead for the San Francisco digital/social team, part of the broader Integrated Media team
* Partner with top-tier clients, acting as the agency-client liaison
* Be an active participant in the SF/Silicon Valley regions Leadership team in order to shape its future and growth
* Collaborate across offices and geographies working with Weber Shandwicks North American and global digital teams
* Provide insight on emerging digital marketing trends
* Develop strategies to harness a variety of advocates online
* Design and implement complex digital/social media engagement campaigns across various practice groups by collaborating with leadership teams
* Create and execute accurate budget estimates for clients long- and short-term programs
* Become an expert on clients' brands and goals, and develop creative solutions that boost the brands reputations
* Take broad campaign concepts and strategies and translate them into meaningful, actionable operating plans for account teams
* Determine best methods for collecting and presenting social/digital data and analysis to clients as well as to internal stakeholders
* Oversee social/digital content production from concept to execution
* Oversee community management to maximize engagement and advocacy for brands
* Manage several direct reports, ensuring successful performance and career growth
* Educate both your direct team and the full local staff about emerging trends, platforms and best practices in social/digital
* Lead social and integrated media strategy and planning workshops with internal Weber Shandwick teams and clients
* Play a key role in new business pitch development and presentations
* Aid us in continuing to build a client roster of major brands and exciting emerging newcomers
* Develop business development initiatives and direct portions or all of significant business development pitches and campaigns
* Drive new ideas and social/integrated media strategies for new business pitches
* Act as an industry thought leader, both internally and externally
* Coach teams on new business process and pitching/presentation best practices
* A minimum of 10 years of experience bringing digital campaigns to life using emerging media
* Outstanding communication skills to successfully present program recommendations and establish trusted relationships with senior clients
* Superb management skills to allocate resources effectively, structure teams and deliver excellent, complex programs in a timely manner
* Experience managing projects that include content and video production, web design and development, community management, social media monitoring and media outreach
* Proven experience building teams, managing and mentoring staffers and working collaboratively in a team setting
* Deep understanding of the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in digital campaign orchestration
* Deeply engaged in and experienced with the latest in digital media developments and best practices
* Experience handling financial responsibilities, SOWs and budgets
* Experience driving new business and mentoring and developing talent
* Passionate about the new media landscape and can demonstrate Weber Shandwicks thought leadership in the space
* Deeply ingrained in channel best practices and connected within the social industry with contacts at various platform companies
* Expertise in one or more of the following industries: B2B technology, consumer technology, consumer, healthcare, corporate
Weber Shandwick is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview and assessment process.