Sr. Video Teleconference (VTC) Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Computer World Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The mission of the OFR is to support the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) in promoting financial stability by: collecting data on behalf of FSOC; providing such data to FSOC and member agencies; standardizing the types and formats of data reported and collected; performing applied research and essential long-term research; developing tools for risk measurement and monitoring; performing other related services; making the results of the activities of the OFR available to financial regulatory agencies; and assisting such member agencies in determining the types of formats of data authorized to be collected by such member agencies.
The customer analytical environment is comprised of a range of services that support Researchers and Analysts. Primary operational components include a range of open source and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products within a variety of environments including Microsoft, Linux, and application frameworks that support data-intensive distributed applications including Hadoop, SLURM, Bright Computing, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL. Processing occurs on both physical and virtual platforms.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Candidate will work with Office of Financial Research (OFR) staff to provide technical support for all VTC issues specific to the customized capabilities present in the OFR.
* Candidate will be on-site at the OFR and work with the Help Desk off-site support that is being provided by the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
* Provide End User support, to include in-room and external network support with graphical user interface access and operability; troubleshooting, scheduling and administering video teleconferences.
* Provide maintenance, to include powering on devices, inspecting/connecting cabling, confirming system availability.
* Coordinate desktop software installation with the OCIO Service Desk.
* Conduct integration and configuration of existing VTC hardware, including application of security controls; operations and management support to the network infrastructure that underlies the VTC platform.
* Patch and firmware upgrades, break/fix support and daily operations and management support, including onsite assistance for special events as well as provide the OFR with in room training support, coordinating efforts with the OFR representative and the Contract Office Representative (COR).
* Coordinate with the utilization of spreadsheet tracking currently being provided by the OCIO to track risks, updates, and open issues for the server and network technical teams.
* Develop and provide training to end users on the various systems in use when not supporting meetings.
* Provide recommendations on replacement systems given the requirements and environment.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent.
* Minimum 5 years of experience with VTC Systems.
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously develop, deploy, and coordinate multiple projects, demonstrable by work history.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - in the English language.
* Prefer a minimum of 3 years related experience working on civilian federal government agency contracts.
* Candidate must have demonstrated experience in operation and configuration of audio-visual and telepresence systems such as Polycom and Crestron.
* Candidate must have experience with all phases of the system life cycle concerning audio-visual and telepresence systems.
* Ability to implement and operate various types of fully integrated computer-based systems with minimal oversight.
* Ability to operate all system components to include mainframes, minicomputers, microcomputers, software, and mass storage devices.
* Must possess a Polycom Certified Videoconferencing Engineers certificate
* Public Trust
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
* Hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf