Sr. WCF Developer 9/1/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our mission is to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere in the world at the time it matters, enabling early detection and intervention of disease, and empowering individuals with information to live the lives they want to live.
At Theranos, we're working to shape the future of lab testing. Now, for the first time, our high-complexity CLIA-certified laboratory can perform your tests quickly and accurately on samples as small as a single drop.
Theranos' patented technology can analyze samples as small as 1/1,000 the size of the typical blood draw. Our tests are certified in our CLIA laboratory and cover a full range from blood, urine, and other samples. It's fast, easy, and the highest level of quality.
Our proprietary infrastructure allows us to perform our test analyses with unprecedented speed. So we can have results to you and your doctor in a matter of hours, not days. Which means a fast diagnosis to support better, more informed treatment.
By systematically controlling and standardizing our micro-processes, we offer tests with high levels of precision. We've also automated our pre- and post-analytic processes, minimizing human processing -- the cause of the majority of lab-test errors
Since we make it easy to measure your body's information at the needed frequencies, we can help doctors to see small changes in test results as they emerge over time. In doing so, we're working to help you and your doctor track chronic conditions and provide insight into the early detection of a broad range of medical conditions.
* Develop secure, high performance, highly available and complex web services that provide services to web and mobile clients over the Net.
* Work closely with project management teams to understand requirements and convert specification documents to code/web services.
* Work closely with QA team to create test units and scripts.
* Work with others team members in a loosely structured but focused environment.
* Produce high quality production software using industry best practices; produce excellent, thorough, design and development documentation.
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or related fields from a Top ranked Technical University; a Master's or PhD. degree in CS or related fields preferred.
* Must be a strong .NET developer; deep knowledge in .NET, C#, WCF is required.
* Experience w/ Visual Studio, IIS and other tools strongly desired
* 7+ years industry SDLC experience
* 2+ years of .NET development experience.
* Excellent knowledge of WCF architecture to be able to make informed design decisions.
* Object Oriented programming and design
* Solid understanding of data structures and algorithm design and analysis
* Extremely hands-on in building high performance, data driven, highly available web services
* Hands-on experience with source control & release management systems such as TFS, Subversion, Git.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skill with superb decision making skills
* Ability to work under pressure and manage projects to deliver on tight deadlines a must.