Sr. Water / Wastewater Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
ARCADIS seeks a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer with 12 or more years experience to join our Water team based in Dallas, Texas. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The Sr. Engineer with the support of a strong nationally recognized staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of water treatment design & construction engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence in Client Management/Development for successfully winning and executing projects and managing project pursuits within the municipal Water/Wastewater market of this region to help build and grow our practice in the state of Texas. This role is drinking water treatment design focused but other water/wastewater market planning and design experience is appreciated.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide technical support to our team of highly skilled engineers in Texas with a home base in Dallas while leading projects simultaneously and utilizing technical knowledge and experience to develop the team s overall capabilities.
* Manage projects and clients in the planning, design and construction of Water/Wastewater treatment plants, storm water systems, distribution/collection systems, and pump/lift stations as well as creating construction documents, specifications and handling construction oversight/administration.
* Meet established budgets and delivery schedules for each assignment; for project/task scope schedule and budget.
* Work directly with clients to determine needs and provide solutions, and may lead teams in the preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations.
* Coordinate execution of projects with other disciplines and the Project/Program Manager.
* Develop small to large design projects from inception to completion.
* Prepare complete construction packages (including all deliverables) for the engineering, procurement, and construction of W/WW systems for clients.
* May manage and lead the growth of client relationships.
* Create and manages cost estimates and project schedules, and will be responsible for completing design tasks within budget and on schedule.
* Lead preparation of detailed engineering calculations & analysis, and utilizes design software to solve complex issues.
* Supervise and supports the work of others and mentors junior level engineer & design/drafting technical staff.
* Ensure project compliance with all ARCADIS practices and quality and safety standards.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Excellent technical engineering and Project Management skills in the W/WW practice area.
* Project experience including design and construction of water and wastewater treatment facilities; focused on expansion, rehabilitation, and retrofit.
* Capability to manage large, multi-year treatment plant improvement programs.
* Current PE License in TX or ability to obtain in short timeframe.
* Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent technical writing skills.
* Experience managing preparation of and reviewing and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
* Client relationship skills; including preparation and development of proposals and client management experience with a successful track record of delivering various engineering projects to the expectations of the client.
* Functional experience with MS Office applications.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Master s degree in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering or an MBA.
* Project experience with pipeline and pump station design projects.
* Asset management and master planning experience.
* Design-build project experience.
* Active participation in regional or national professional associations.
Engineering - Water/Wastewater
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.