Sr.Java / JEE Developer - E Commerce
TITLE: Sr.Java/JEE developer - e Commerce
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
* Design, implement, and unit test server-side JEE/Java web application code.
* Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
* Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
* Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
* Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
* Work with other senior engineers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
* Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
* Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the "go-to" person on integration related questions.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* 6+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java/JEE.
* 5+ years Java 5 or later knowledge.
* 5+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
* Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews.
* Experience with highly scalable, high performance, 100% stable Java web applications.
* Experience with modern light weight embedded NoSQL caching solutions a plus.
* Agile experienced.
* Web experience in Retail or other high volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
* Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.