This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Bridge Professional Service
JOB DESCRIPTION* Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provide monthly detail to the Senior Accountant for General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
* Maintain Purchase Order Processing system.
* Manage employee credit card applications and charges.
* Process Accounts Payable paperwork at completion of the check run.
* Prepare mailings and priority shipments for the Finance/Accounting Department.
* Prepare labels and maintain files as needed within the department.
* Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
* Assist Senior Accountant with payroll system and payroll related items.
* Assist CFO with 401(k) system.
* Manage petty cash account.
* Assist the CFO in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies (except Employee Benefits, which are maintained by the HR Department).
* Assist the CFO with facility support and security issues.
* Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time - quite often on short notice - by the CFO or Senior Accountant.
_SKILLS AND ABILITIES:_
* QUICKBOOKS IS A MUST!!!
* A Bachelors degree in accounting, or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
* Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university
* Course work in job costing is recommended.
* Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
* Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
* Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
* Must be skilled in use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
* Must have very good verbal skills.
* Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
* A minimum of 2 years experience in accounting