This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for performing various accounting functions within the auction, including but not limited to Cash Management, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Ledger, Tax Compliance, and Internal Controls.
* Assist in managing the Auction s records and reports in compliance with established account policies and procedures.
* Prepare monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
* Maintain daily Vehicle and Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable roll forwards.
* Calculate, prepare, and enter various month end journal entries into the General Ledger.
* Support Controller in month end preparation, review, and analysis.
* Process sale day transactions and prepare and balance sale day deposits.
* Verify and post all daily and sale day activity to include deposits, receivables, returns, after sale voids, liabilities, receipts, etc. to general ledger.
* Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations including, depository, general disbursement and vehicle disbursement.
* Review and prepare intercompany transactions with corporate office.
* Coordinate tax compliance reporting process for corporate office and locations, including personal use of company vehicles, relocation, and compiling tax packages for corporate tax department.
* Review, balance, and interpret reports, i.e. Held Item report, Outstanding Returned Item report, etc., and reconcile report discrepancies and problems.
* Execute stop payments and drafts as required.
* Complete IRS forms to comply with legislative requirements.
* Prepare weekly 8300 reports for submission to Department of Revenue.
* Prepare and balance sale day ACH payment activity.
* Ensure that internal and external customers are provided with timely and accurate assistance to facilitate good operational controls and minimize expenses.
* Cross-train in other areas of the accounting department.
* Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required or 5 years of commensurate experience.
* 3-5 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred.
* Experience in the automobile industry or the auction business a plus.
* Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, and Microsoft Office preferred.
* Competent in accounting and financial practices and procedures.
* Strong communication and written skills.
* Good problem solving and organizational skills.
* Able to quickly develop strong working relationships.
* Able to quickly assess issues and relevant information to make effective decisions.
* Skilled in creating spreadsheets and reports in MS Excel and Word.
* Able to maintain effectiveness in changing work responsibilities and environment.
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new job related information.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks; manual dexterity.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance, color and depth perception.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-NM-Albuquerque-3411 Broadway Blvd SE
Job Level:Individual Contributor