Staff Accountant 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
* Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
* Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; schedulingrequired jobs; verifying data.
* Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
* Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
* Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
* Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
* Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills