This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Coeur D Alene, ID
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Advanced Input Systems
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Advanced Input Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, designs and manufactures touch, sensing, and control solutions (complex control panels, user interface systems, and touch technology integration) for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the medical, gaming, industrial, marine, transportation, and defense industries. We provide end-to-end solutions with complex product range and low cost of ownership for specific customer applications. Advanced Input Systems has a demonstrated record of incorporating any user-input and display technology in thousands of input systems for more than 1,000 companies.
We cooperatively develop products through customer outsourcing initiatives. These diverse projects allow Advanced Input Systems to identify, develop, manufacture, and support solutions for the entire product life-cycle.
Advanced Input Systems currently has an opening for a Staff Accountant.
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Senior Accounting Manager
Location: Coeur d Alene, Idaho, United States
Grade: Depends on Experience
Receives general supervision from the Senior Accounting Manager. May train lower level employees within department.
Performs a wide variety of regular and recurring moderately complex accounting functions requiring full professional competency.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Participates in the posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger and subsidiary accounts for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Inventory and Costing.
* Apply Cash and lead with resolution of customer Accounts Receivable.
* Review customer credit and customer setup
* Prepares entries for the general ledger.
* Assists in interpreting accounts, records and reports for department managers/supervisors.
* Assists in the preparation and analysis of management financial reports and budgets.
* Prepares work papers, financial statements, tax reports and other special projects for internal accounting and auditing, and other outside customers, vendors or consultants.
* Establishes and maintains accounting records.
* Must be able to administer policies.
* Ability to handle confidential matters.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Must be proficient in Excel and Word.
* Must be able to type a minimum of 50 wpm
* Knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of Accounting.
* Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, management, department head staff, and various outside customers and vendors.
* Knowledge of data processing capabilities and procedures, including the use of ERP systems.
* Excellent verbal and written skills.
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting plus three to five years related experience.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. In addition, all employees of Advanced Input are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
* Help train and give guidance to employees
* Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
* Provide customers with the highest quality of products and services
* Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
* Report to work as scheduled
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).