This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONA leader provider of Hydroponic Systems, Supplies is expanding and has an immediate need for a Staff Accountant,
Great working enviornment
Engaging team members
SALARY - $50K TO $60K
Staff Accountant Duties:
* Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
* Manage outsourced functions
* Oversee the operations of the accounting department(s)
* Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
* Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
* Process payroll in a timely manner
* Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
* Maintain the chart of accounts
* Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
* Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
* Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
* Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
* Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
* Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
* Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
* Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
* Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
* Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
* Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
* Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
* Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
* Direct supervision of all accounting staff
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and 5+ years of progressively responsibleexperience.
* Must have excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
* Preference will be given to candidates with QuickBooks Enterprise experience.
Job Type: Full-time
* Accounting: 5 years