This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Reporting to the Finance Team Lead your role will be to provide professional financial/accounting support for Domtar s manufacturing sites as well as for other Finance leaders.
More specifically, you will have to:
* Perform month end closing responsibilities
* Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review
* Review/prepare monthly reports
* Support the mills/converting sites and business for new initiatives and systems
* Perform as Finance/Accounting liaison for assigned mill/converting sites
* Provide audit support (internal and external)
* Serve as resource to update and maintain product costs
* Assist on special assignments and prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis
* Coordinate with sites for actual/forecast/budget results and analysis
* Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data
* Provide any other necessary support for strategic and operational decision-making for the executives at head office as well as for colleagues and for plant accounting personnel
* BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
* 2+ years of related experience
* Experience of manufacturing operations and processes
* Advanced skills in Excel
* Experience of the ERP systems, preferably SAP
* Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
* Experience within a manufacturing environment
* Strong skills in problem solving and critical thinking
* Proven interpersonal and communication skills written and verbal
* Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong teaming skills, ability to work with diverse teams across organizational levels and business functions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.