Staff Accountant II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY City
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
Under general direction of the Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for accurate preparation of information involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data necessary to produce financial statements for Deckers Outdoor Corporation and its subsidiaries.
* Prepares monthly journal entries, maintains support, and reconciles and analyzes balance sheet accounts.
* Researches and disseminates information on inquiries related to Department expenses for managers. Assists in performing analytical reviews of Department Expenses Statements including trend and budget versus actual analyses. Exercises limited judgment to determine accruals and other journal entries.
* Reconcile inter-company accounts receivable and accounts payable with foreign subsidiaries. Prepare audit schedules and participate in quarterly reviews and annual audits.
* Post bi-weekly payroll and calculate month end payroll accruals.
Reporting and Analysis
* Analyzes and prepares monthly financial statements and management reports.
* Recommends and implement process improvements.
* Assists with preparing and analyzing departmental budgets.
* Assists with monthly and quarterly SEC reporting.
* Develop special reports and ad-hoc analyses.
* Train other accounting staff members in accounting procedures as directed.
* Exercise limited decision making and judgment, utilizing knowledge of department and company policies and procedures.
* May work on ad hoc projects as it relates to the finance and accounting department.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree
* Progress toward CPA certification a plus
* Minimum 2-4 years of experience
* General knowledge of accounting and financial statements
* General knowledge of US GAAP
* Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, and other employees of the organization.
* Proven ability to use discretion and proactively problem solve.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Experience working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
* Experience working effectively in a complex global organization is preferred.
* Drive for excellence, motivated self-starter
* Proficient in Microsoft Applications
* Communicate efficiently and effectively with co-workers as well as outside agencies.