Staff Accountant II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
The Staff Accountant will be providing support in the Corporate Accounting department primarily with Labor and Benefits accounting and analysis. In addition, the Staff Accountant will also be responsible for other general accounting duties as needed. The Staff Accountant must demonstrate a high level of integrity with department procedures, department employees and within all levels of The Fresh Market. A respect for detail by the Staff Accountant will ensure that we remain focused on the completion of accurate accounting procedures. ResponsibilitiesReview and processing of weekly labor data, including garnishments, to ensure accurate reporting to the general ledger
- Identification and recording of appropriate accruals related to labor and benefits
- Participate in account reconciliation and schedule preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing of assigned general ledger accounts
- Prepare key weekly and monthly financial schedules/deliverables
- Ability to handle confidential information with a high degree of professionalism
- Interact with internal and external auditors and respond timely to audit requests
- Cross train with other department accountants in order to provide back up support
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2-4 years of general accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience with balance sheet analysis and reconciliations, month-end closing procedures, and ad-hoc reporting is required
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, is required
- Prior experience using Microsoft Great Plains or similar general ledger applications is preferred
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities are essential for this role, as well as analytical and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain professional working relationships within and outside The Fresh Market
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, and possess the ability to handle high volume activity while maintaining a sense of urgency in completing tasks and meeting deadlines .