Staff Accountant 50-60K
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Woodland Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONA Chatsworth Manufacturing company is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their growing team. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Controller with the day-to day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including grant management and budget review and analysis.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Manage the processing of cash receipts
- Maintain Cost or product and files.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer?s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting.
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
- Familiar with Chempax or any ERP system is a must
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate a proficient level We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.