This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Liberty Property Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1972 and headquartered outside Philadelphia, Liberty develops, acquires, leases and manages properties with the mission to enhance people's lives through extraordinary work environments. As passionate as we are about the real estate that we develop, lease and manage, we are just as committed to our most valuable asset - our employees. Employment with Liberty is an experience where you'll experience engaging work, mutual respect and people-first values. We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team and enable Liberty to further reach our goals!
To support the Senior Accountants, Regional Controllers and Senior Vice President of Regional Accounting in providing accounting services and support to the regional staff. To maintain the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy and consistency in reporting and recognition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, research and approve accounts payable invoices to ensure accurate recording and timely payment
- Review leases to ensure proper accounting and input into property management module
- Set up appropriate job costing budgets for lease transaction costs and prepare accruals and related journal entries when necessary
- Lead in review and processing of Real Estate Tax bills to ensure timely payment, document of receipts and filing in tax files
- Monthly review of trial balance/general ledgers including expenses, rental income, security deposits, FASB 13 calculations, and advanced income as required by the Senior Accountant. Analyze period to period variances for accuracy. Research, identify and recommend solutions to problems found in analysis.
- Prepare and record journal entries needed and maintain line account reconciliations and side-schedules within work-papers
- Prepare and review Fixed Asset life changes and write-offs
- Prepare tenant annual common area expense reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of annual property operating budgets
- Assist in preparation of quarterly city financial reporting packages
- Lead monthly Accounts Receivable meetings and ensure that Accounts Receivable is accurately reflected. Assist Property Managers and Senior Accountants with proper recording of accounts receivable including any receivables in litigation or payment plans. Prepare city monthly accounts receivable reporting.
- Address questions and/or complete special projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Accounting from a four-year College or University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required
- 1 to 3 years of prior accounting experience
- CPA Designation is preferred
- Property Management accounting and/or JD Edwards experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and strong in Excel
Liberty Property Trust is committed to a diverse workplace. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and encourage all qualified applicants to consider our open positions. The Company will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination on account of a person's age, sex, pregnancy, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, disability, handicap, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran's status, military status, genetic information or membership in any other protected group. VEVVRA Federal Contractor.