Staff Accountant 9/16/2016
Miami Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Assist Controller in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
* Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
* Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
* Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
* Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
* Assist in reconciling open account status items.
* Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
* File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
* Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
* Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely basis.
* Process all approved invoices for payment, ensure all appropriate signatures and back-up attached.
* Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all discounts are taken.
* Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
* Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
* Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the Controller.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
* Accounting and Hotel experience preferred.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to compile facts and figures.
* Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled