Staff Accountant/Payroll Administrator 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY a well-established multi-media print company with their search for a Staff Accountant/Payroll Administrator. To be successful in this role you will be responsible for the following aspects:
* Responsible for semi-monthly payroll processing for administrative and commission based employees located in three states.
* Process and calculate commissions to be paid monthly.
* Process Friend of the Court orders, Government Levies, and other garnishments.
* Balance year end W'2's.
* Responsible for the administration and of company-wide employee benefits.
* Administration of Medical, Dental, Vision, and all other voluntary employee benefits.
* Administration of the 401(K).
* Cobra administration for terminated employees.
* Reconcile and pay benefit premium invoices.
* Maintenance of Web-Based HR Portal to maintain employee information, employee attendance, and corporate communications regarding Handbook Updates, etc.
* Completes verification of employment upon request.
* Provides Census Data to benefit providers to facilitate timely renewals.
* Researches Federal and State laws to retain compliance.
* Answers benefit related questions from managers and employees.
* Prepares various sales and compensationreports as requested by management.
* Serves as backup and support to Human Resource Manager
* Fully responsible for accounts payable for two business entities.
* Utilizes Great Plains to process invoices and cut checks.
* Recommends which vendor payments to make each week.
* Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements, and supporting work papers.
* Primarily recurring journal entries and data entry into Great Plains
* Responsible for the timely reconciliation of four business bank accounts.
* Preparation of Monthly Performance Summary.
* Handle the Excel spreadsheet that reports on KPI's for Sales Reps.
* Backup for many operational tasks within Accounting Department
* Any otherreporting or special projects requested by Controller.
Job Type: Full-time